Forum Discussion

Simmerville
Seasoned Ace
2 months ago

Retail: What are your exclusive specialities?

The game has s many crafts and unique products, and many of them can be sold/bought on a retail lot. In my game there are 8 regions, and I try to have one shopping mall in each of them, but their products for sale varies in order to cover most of the stuff that can be sold, but also based on regional differences in my game.

One "exclusive" product is horse manure! This product should have been sold in Chestnut Ridge, but the store is located in San Sequoia. The owner has a strong connection to Chestnut Ridge, though. Horse manure makes perfect fertilizer, and now sims who don't have their own horse can get their hands on these goodies, literally ;)

What odd and less odd stuff do you sell?

atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran

Selling horse manure is such a great yet hilarious  idea. I didn't know that was even possible. 

I my game I went for the more obvious goods that are difficult to come by. My magic shops sell all spellbooks, brooms and wands so every spellcaster can choose what they need rather than the randomised vendor stalls in the magic realm. On top of that they also sell all possible potion ingredients for magic potions and herbalism recipes. No magic shop can go without ambrosia. That would be the most exclusive product on sale. 

I also have a bakery with birthday cakes and wedding cakes because sometimes my sims just want to buy them rather than bake one. I added in some bread, croissants and other baked goods as well, because that feels more realistic. I am planning on a third store to sell furniture that can be made with eco lifestyle and nifty knitting because they are great items but by default hidden in the catalogue. 

Simmerville
      Seasoned Ace

Awesome list! I tend to gather retail in one shopping mall per region, and trying to make their offers a bit diverse. Might add some of these ideas! 

• Great idea, I have a garden shop that sells fertilizer bags, I could add the horse manure on sale there as well. My shops are generally quite boring and I don't use them that much as I prefer to use the community space shopping because it's easier to set-up and use. I have a couple of malls that sell clothes, small gift type objects like vases, journals, bubble bottles, christmas decorations, everyday clothes, beachwear, shoes, electronics, baby furniture, toys, make-up decor, cakes and pies, lingerie and wedding dresses, music instruments, books, gems, icecream. They're mainly places where sims can go out and socialize.

Simmerville
      Seasoned Ace

Ah, a Christmas decorations store sounds fun! I rarely have my sims decorate at all, but at least visiting such a store could bring some  Winter fest vibes :) I must save your list for later, many categories that my malls are not offering currently.