Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Roommates in Dorms?

I basically cheated the build mode in one of the houses on university campus, Foxbury. I added beds to that house so it would have more students. After I did that, no NPC roomies showed up. Is there something I need to do? Or do I need to manually add Sims? Thanks!!!
  • "DillyPooh;c-17333999" wrote:
    Hey guys my sim has been in-house at Foxbury Uni for about a week. I noticed that after I used the cheat and added a grill.. random sims just started showing up at the dorm. At first I thought well maybe one sims threw a party, but that isn’t the case. ?Lol I just wanna know if I’m the only one w/ this issue?

Random sims DO show up. Friends, significant others, etc etc. You should be able to hover the cursor over them and see what they are.
  • "jennlynh;d-969811" wrote:
    I basically cheated the build mode in one of the houses on university campus, Foxbury. I added beds to that house so it would have more students. After I did that, no NPC roomies showed up. Is there something I need to do? Or do I need to manually add Sims? Thanks!!!

If the build is categorized as Dorm or whatever it says, I guess it should be automatic (but might take a few hours before they show up). If it's residential, you must place an add for Roommates (cellphone >Household).
  • Thank you! I checked today and still no more roomies. So weird, and i have it set to university housing. All I did was add beds.
  • Hey guys my sim has been in-house at Foxbury Uni for about a week. I noticed that after I used the cheat and added a grill.. random sims just started showing up at the dorm. At first I thought well maybe one sims threw a party, but that isn’t the case. ?Lol I just wanna know if I’m the only one w/ this issue?
  • "Simpatsyann;c-17334110" wrote:
    "DillyPooh;c-17333999" wrote:
    Hey guys my sim has been in-house at Foxbury Uni for about a week. I noticed that after I used the cheat and added a grill.. random sims just started showing up at the dorm. At first I thought well maybe one sims threw a party, but that isn’t the case. ?Lol I just wanna know if I’m the only one w/ this issue?

Random sims DO show up. Friends, significant others, etc etc. You should be able to hover the cursor over them and see what they are.

I didn't know your sims spouse would automously come visit them.
  • "catloverplayer;c-17334477" wrote:
    "Simpatsyann;c-17334110" wrote:
    "DillyPooh;c-17333999" wrote:

I didn't know your sims spouse would automously come visit them.

Spouses, parents, kids - they all come to Britechester to visit the student... seems kinda weird to me, wish it could rather be other students or at least not close family. It would be better if they just called a few times. Also dislike all the invitations to go hang out at different places. Seems like EA forgot top tone down this feature, it's just not normal that your friends and family expect that a student has the time to travel to another world to "hang out". Students have new friends at campus, whenever they are not drowning in their books!

There is another group of visitors at my door (maybe residential lots only) - random kids from other worlds. Why would a Willow Creek child travel alone to Britechester to know on the door where there live only young adult students? Makes me wonder if the programmers want my sims to invite the poor child inside to teach her to party? Guess not...
    atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran
    There is a maximum number of roommates. I believe you can have 10 sims in total (played sims + roommates) maybe you already reached that number?
  • I am also having the issue with my dorms. No NPC roomies show up at the beginning of the new term. My dorm is alllllll miiiiiiiine....so big and empty. I'm not using mods or anything. I have no idea why they stopped showing up.