Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Sacred Candle Question

Is there a way to keep the sacred candles from burning all the way down? Like we can with the candles that sims make at their candle making station that came in ELS.
  • "Simmerville;c-17792072" wrote:
    I so wish these candles would have been connected to the candle maker career (ECO Lifestyle). Can high skilled candle makers craft sacred candles, or do we now have two candle making features? I don't have the Para pack yet.

To paraphrase Guidry's quote when you ask him for something to fight being scared "You don't need to be one of those Evergreen Harbor Hipsters to make these either."

So, no, you don't need the candle making station. Just shape the wax, I guess.
  • "DaWaterRat;c-17792426" wrote:
    "Simmerville;c-17792072" wrote:
    I so wish these candles would have been connected to the candle maker career (ECO Lifestyle). Can high skilled candle makers craft sacred candles, or do we now have two candle making features? I don't have the Para pack yet.

To paraphrase Guidry's quote when you ask him for something to fight being scared "You don't need to be one of those Evergreen Harbor Hipsters to make these either."

So, no, you don't need the candle making station. Just shape the wax, I guess.

Cool, so there is actually a reference to EH :)
  • "Kita5399;c-17792031" wrote:
    I mean (at least for me) you get 3 for every bit of wax you receive, plus you can get them in the rewards section. I haven’t run out yet, Guidry gives you some, and giving gifts to the cute ghosts often results in some as well. If all else fails you can buy them using debug in build/buy mode. I also make sure to extinguish them so they aren’t burning when they’re not needed.

The last time that I had gotten sacred candles. A green specter gave my sim three sets of these candles after having given the specter a black and white beanie.
    Kimmer_one
    Rising Traveler
    What do the specters like, other than knitted items?
    My Sim loves to cook and I've tried to give them food, but they don't seem to like anything, they hate everything, I haven't gotten any gifts from them. I don't want to give them paintings or books because my Sims need money desperately and those are way too valuable to just give away. They have to be able to pay the rent too. It's hard enough for a Sim to write books (or paint) when she's constantly being scared.
    I'm trying to save reward points for the brave trait, I really don't want to waste them on candles if there's another way to get them. Guidry hasn't given my Sims anything either. :/
    Kimmer_one
    Rising Traveler
    "DaWaterRat;c-17792849" wrote:
    "Kimmer;c-17792827" wrote:
    My Sim loves to cook and I've tried to give them food, but they don't seem to like anything, they hate everything, I haven't gotten any gifts from them. I don't want to give them paintings or books because my Sims need money desperately and those are way too valuable to just give away. They have to be able to pay the rent too. It's hard enough for a Sim to write books (or paint) when she's constantly being scared.
    I'm trying to save reward points for the brave trait, I really don't want to waste them on candles if there's another way to get them. Guidry hasn't given my Sims anything either. :/

I had some luck with baked goods, if you have Get to Work. At least with the Happy (green) Specters

Getting candle wax from Guidry requires asking him for a way to not be so scared when your sim is terrified. It's on the second "page" of Guidry interactions, and only available if your sim is terrified.

Thanks. I've asked the question from Guidry but he didn't give me anything, I'll have to do it again. I'll also try baked goods. :)
    Kita5399
    New Spectator
    "sunman502;c-17793642" wrote:
    "Kita5399;c-17792864" wrote:
    "Kimmer;c-17792827" wrote:

I’ve had luck with potions from ROM, and candles from eco (the cylinder or rectangle ones). I’ve also discovered that buying the items on plopsy saves time for busy Sims.

Those would be something that are made by a sim. So the specters should accept those offerings, but not all specters will.

Yeah I’ve noticed it varies in what they accept. I don’t mind though, as it adds a bit of challenge to it.
  • "DaWaterRat;c-17793903" wrote:
    "Simmerville;c-17793879" wrote:
    Can I ask a quick Q that isn't necessarily related to candles, but I'll make it related, lol :)

Is any spooky activity restricted to night hours? If so, what hours is prime time?

To make it relevant; How many hours will my sleeping sim need protection from those sacred candles, and will each candle burn for those hours?

I wasn't timing it, but they'll last for at least a Sim day, possibly two. And you can extinguish them and relight them to make them last longer too. Unfortunately, extinguishing and relighting isn't a radio action, so your sim will have to go do those things.

Some specter activity can happen at any time, but 9pm to 6am is when most of it goes down, mostly in the midnight to ... I want to say two or three range.

(My spellcaster sim just made it through her first week at Uni. Yes, she had to pop a few Potions of Plentiful needs early on, but by the end of the term, she could even sleep through the night. I even let her once. :wink: )

Thanks, that was useful! :)
  • "DaWaterRat;c-17793967" wrote:
    It does occur to me that Sacred Candles may burn down faster if the Spiritual Volatility of a residence is high. The more work they have to do, the faster they burn.

Which is a nice little bit of tuning if true.

I had my sim perform a ceremony at least every other day to keep things peaceful

They will even extinguish the sacred candles when you are not looking.