Forum Discussion

Simalleyaile
Seasoned Newcomer
4 years ago

Scottish Highlands Good Setting for Supernaturals?

Edit: It's been confirmed that a ghost STUFF pack is coming soon, and as they don't come with worlds, I've changed the speculation to include all types of supernaturals - which is what we all started to discuss throughout this thread anyway. :)
---

Remember the survey we had a while ago about worlds we'd like for the game? I was a bit surprised that Scottish Highlands was an option. I admit, I've never thought of Scotland as an inspiration for the game. Apart from the stereotypical things - you know, a red-headed sim in a kilt playing bagpipes across an eerie loch while his wife eats shortbread and haggis and his daughter dances the highland fling before they all go off to play a round of golf - I didn't really know much about the place.

I like to research, so I did some. And the first sentence I read was this: "Scotland is considered one of the most haunted places in the world." Mmmmm, says I, that's interesting. The second bit of info that intrigued me was this: "It is estimated that there were once up to 3,000 castles in Scotland."

Castles and Ghosts? Why that sounds like a pretty good base for a Happy Haunts Game Pack!

What do you think? Was your curiosity peaked by Scottish Highlands? Did you wonder what kind of gameplay would accompany such a world? Did your mind go to Ghosts and Castles? Is it going there now? Do you want a world for happy haunts or just the gameplay for existing worlds? Do you want your sims to play bagpipes? Build a castle and live in one? How do you think they could make the Scottish Highlands an interesting world to play in?