Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Seasons and Broken Observatories

First off, I love Seasons for Sims 4. I do not want to disable or uninstall it because the game is way better for having Seasons. I'm a little frustrated though with a couple of outdoor electronics that break every. single. time. it rains. The rock climbing wall and the Observatory! You can't realistically put the rock climbing wall indoors. Its possible but awkward. The Observatory though isn't possible to put indoors and the rain NEVER fails to break it in my game. That would not be too bad but my handy sims don't seem to have the option to repair it at all. The only option I get is to replace it! So its basically a money draining, useless hunk of metal (Or whatever its made of) in my sim yards.

So my question is, does anyone have a work-around for this item that works for you? How do you keep your Observatories from breaking every other sim hour (because it rains almost non-stop, year-around in my game)
    Kita5399
    New Spectator
    It’s not the best solution, but I build a roof over mine. I’ve made them look like gazebos & green houses depending on the lot. The item will still function if you size it down once, and doesn’t look super awkward when used either. I really wish there was a better way, or you know not have so many super size items.
  • I have 2 houses on the gallery with rock climbing walls located underground. I combined 2 stories of basement to make it work. I think they came out pretty cool looking. There are some other rooms that overlook the wall and one looks into the pool, as well.

I didn’t realize the observatory could break, but then again, I rarely use it.