Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Servo Bots a Review

So i’ve been super hyped for Robot Sims to return to the Sims 4, and after all these years we get Servo Bots a fusion between the Servo in Sims 3 and the Sim-bots of Sims 3 but the end result is lack luster and has no payoff for the grind… Let me explain:

First off I used a Spell caster Sim will an infinite supply of refill all Needs potions, so this Sim is basically in God Mode.
I got a robot workbench and started my grind to lvl 8 to make a Servo
When i reached level 8 the Materials needed to make a Servo appeared, it then took the next 2 levels and MAXing out the robotics skill to get all the mats just to build the Servo Bot, at this point 6 hours of pure grind had passed. Real World Time
Next to Build the servo, and this took a long while to finish
but in the end you get to turn the Servo on and select its Gender
Hurray! finally have a Servo Bot

Next unlocked a cool little secret Skill for Servo called Enhancement it has 10 levels and each level requires the Servo to just stay alive and learn skills
Once a level is unlocked some Mats must be crafted to install the Enhancement

Now while doing this i was getting excited that there might be some BIG pay off for when Servo hits Enhancement Level 10 and possibly transcends its Robot Frame for a Synthetic Sim body. In reality there is no payoff for all this work and effort the Servo just gets a 50% increase to skill gain that i honestly can't even notice…. that is so lame

Every single other 10 level Skill in the Sims has a reason for you to aim for the finish line and get a reward and this one just changes nothing

all that work and effort for a Servo Bot that at level 5 is no different from its Level 10 version….

Servo’s need to be looked at some more or release a Robot expansion that expands upon what the Servo Life Cycle is, i really want to see Android Sims one day but Servo Bot is not that :(

and I'm not upset that Servo doesn't get a Human Sim body, I'm upset that Lvl10 adds nothing, unlocks nothing, 50% skill gain is pointless its not worth all the time and effort needed to reach Enhancement level 10

maybe give it an infinity Battery or Flawless Frame so Servo doesn't need repairs or a recharge << these are worthwhile rewards
  • I'm sorry it didn't meet up with your expectations. And I thank you for the heads-up. I was never really into bots of any kind. But my 5-star Celebrity Singer in Sims3, had a penchant for building them. He also made sure they were suitable to watch his children when he was out and about.
  • Hmm I'm quite looking forward to play with servos. I'm more in it for the story telling aspects though than grinding and trying to make use of top enhancement. However 50% skill gain sounds rather impressive to me. Savant reward trait for example only boosts 25%. Sorry if it's not what you we're looking for.
  • just making rank 10 enhancement make the servo waterproof would have been a super huge reward...
    i have seasons and my robot is basically a prisoner due to all the rain :/
  • "davidsara;c-17319617" wrote:
    just making rank 10 enhancement make the servo waterproof would have been a super huge reward...

I've yet to test, but I wonder if the rain-proof traits and the umbrella do anything, I'll have to double check.

Edit: The water proof reward can't even be purchased for Servo's, it's ridiculous, it says "not available for robots."

HOWEVER, the umbrella does in fact protect Servo's from the rain, but Umbrella's aren't the safest option as sometimes they'll close them to do things.

The water proof reward trait absolutely needs to be obtainable for robots.

(I wasn't even able to add the trait via cheats.)
    ck213
    Seasoned Scout
    That's really disappointing.
    I had high hopes for it too. I hope they take another swing at it like they did in TS3 with Simbots and Plumbots.
  • I sort of liked the SimBot body style from sims 3. As well as the huge amount of customisation for the PlumBots. I wish Servo’s could be customised a bit more.
  • Silly thing is i'm playing a Sandra Matthews save and i can't choose the fertile reward trait for her because it says robots are not allowed this. Obviously a bug because i don't have DU, Sandra has two newborns and a young adult. None the less it provides an interesting glimpse into DU though.
    atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran
    "Zeldaboy180;c-17320870" wrote:
    "davidsara;c-17319617" wrote:
    just making rank 10 enhancement make the servo waterproof would have been a super huge reward...

I've yet to test, but I wonder if the rain-proof traits and the umbrella do anything, I'll have to double check.

Edit: The water proof reward can't even be purchased for Servo's, it's ridiculous, it says "not available for robots."

HOWEVER, the umbrella does in fact protect Servo's from the rain, but Umbrella's aren't the safest option as sometimes they'll close them to do things.

The water proof reward trait absolutely needs to be obtainable for robots.

(I wasn't even able to add the trait via cheats.)

I was really hoping the waterproof trait would protect the servo against rain. At least the umbrella does something. This is really a big flaw when it comes to servos. We should be able to protect them against rain permanently.
    Thankyou for testing.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs &amp; Kits.33,078 PostsLatest Activity: 4 minutes ago