Forum Discussion

GalacticGal
Seasoned Ace
11 months ago

Should I Just Let It Go?

Many of you are aware of the struggles I have had with my Main Save: Erik & Company. Every time I make a gain on his progress, something happens to stop him in his tracks. He's been killed more than a few times across the various iterations of this save. The latest was him freezing to death after he got safely inside. Clearly a glitch. Now, the EP I so looked forward to, has scuddled my gameplay big time. This is almost as bad as the Patch in 2020 that really did a job on my main save.

I need some helpful input in order for me to decide the way forward, or if there's even a way forward.

Should I . . .
    bshag4lv
    Seasoned Adventurer
    Sorry for your troubles GalacticGal. With EA being, well EA you could wait months or years before that bug is addressed. Personally I am all for one of the incredible modders out there will correct this infraction.

I used to have a Global Superstar who would attend the Accolades and once she actually won. :D I am currently dealing with another disappointing outcome, glitch when you submit an entry to the Henford fairs, you not only don't find out who won, you don't get your entry back. So, what I do is, go into debug and buy her a first place ribbon...pfffffft. Take that!

Good luck!
  • "Ellupelluellu;c-18336595" wrote:
    Also try with game gala-lot. Not with any downloaded lot.
    Lot itself can be bugged too, or some features (platforms, example) may cause it.

You know what, you may be onto something. The beautiful lot I downloaded ages ago, now suddenly went a bit wonky on me. I don't have it in my tray, which is unusual for me. And I could no longer find it in the Gallery. I found another lot, instead and did a quick modification of it trying to recapture some of the glamour of the previous lot. I may open up a new save just to grab the original PBP Studios Lounge to replace it in my game.
  • @GalacticGal check your Inbox, I sent you info on something I found out. Basically, try turning off the "Sims Begin Opted Out of Fame" option in Game Options > Pack Settings. When no staff showed up at a restaurant I googled, which led me to a thread on AHQ with that workaround. Seems there's some kind of problem/conflict with Get Famous.

ETA: forgot to say that when I turned off "Sims Begin Opted Out of Fame" the restaurant staff slowly showed up, with the host being last.
  • "WildIrishBanshee;c-18335863" wrote:
    Yeah, I'd just buy them if nominated honestly if the Accolades aren't working. It's not cheating if it's to fix a bug/glitch, after all. Mine is a little quirky, as always, but working - however, I do not have For Rent yet.

I wish I had a clue this was going to practically derail me yet AGAIN. I even repaired my game. Nothing is helping, sadly. But I've decided to stop moping and just get on with it. There is so much happening in my Cantrell save, these days, to keep me going; I will go ahead and have Erik publish his music, and even "attend" the Show that isn't, and he'll dutifully place a brand new shiny on a shelf, too. Thanks for weighing in.
  • "LolaLuvsSims;c-18336138" wrote:
    I’ve actually just been to the starlight accolades for the first time in years. I’m so sorry this keeps happening to you and Erik.

Did it work for you?
  • "bshag4lv;c-18336613" wrote:
    Sorry for your troubles GalacticGal. With EA being, well EA you could wait months or years before that bug is addressed. Personally I am all for one of the incredible modders out there will correct this infraction.

I used to have a Global Superstar who would attend the Accolades and once she actually won. :D I am currently dealing with another disappointing outcome, glitch when you submit an entry to the Henford fairs, you not only don't find out who won, you don't get your entry back. So, what I do is, go into debug and buy her a first place ribbon...pfffffft. Take that!

Good luck!

I have always had that same trouble with the Henford Fairs, I'm sorry to say. But the only time I had trouble with the Accolades was when I had that really cool 21-day Seasons, instead of 28. That beastie kept the Host out and in fact, the staff all walked out of the lounge, with Thorne Bailey leading the way!
  • With the Henford fairs, I find out what place I am and get the rewards, but my entry ends up in the ether.
  • "bshag4lv;c-18336613" wrote:

Good luck!

Did you check your Sims' personal inventory for their entry to the fair? I thought I'd lost a chicken, I believe it was, and somebody told me to check that inventory, and sure enough. The Chicken was there. :)
  • "WildIrishBanshee;c-18336658" wrote:
    With the Henford fairs, I find out what place I am and get the rewards, but my entry ends up in the ether.

Again, check your Sims' personal inventory.
  • "GalacticGal;c-18336666" wrote:
    "WildIrishBanshee;c-18336658" wrote:
    With the Henford fairs, I find out what place I am and get the rewards, but my entry ends up in the ether.

Again, check your Sims' personal inventory.

I did just moments ago. I have been off of my computer for most of the late afternoon. It was the day set aside to decorate our Christmas Tree. It's all done and the leftover ornaments, et al, have been taken back to storage in our basement.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,103 PostsLatest Activity: 7 days ago
Related Posts