Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Should they add "Food" in the "Likes and Dislikes" panel?

Just thinking about this while my sims eat at a restaurant that played Classical music. My sim thought he despised such music, so I gave him that dislike. I think it would be fun as well if sims were to decide whether they like or dislike certain dishes.

For example, your sim family gathers to the table and eats Spaghetti for the nth time in your game. Sonny Jim loves Spaghetti, but Billie Jane abhors it. What is Mama Chrissy to do with her children? Should Mama Chrissy cook spaghetti and then another dish just to accommodate Billie Jane?

Another example, your sim is out on a date. They eat and your sim decides that the Pasta Primevera is Pasta Yucky-very. Should your sim plow through his dish? Or should he ask for the dish to be taken away and order another dish. Or ask a refund. Or kick up a scene and harangue the chef and proceed to get beaten by the buff chef.

Final example, your sim is stuck at an island, and the gods of the Sim Universe had cursed him with "Simple Living" and "Off-The-Grid". Their only way to survive is to fish for their food. They catch one, cook it and decide they hate fish. But they have to force themselves to eat it or risk getting a visit from Grim.

Lots of story potential with this. Of course you can always uncheck them from CAS, but it would be a lot of fun to watch your sim build their tastebuds or lack thereof.

EDIT: Pop-ups may be annoying with some players. So I think if the devs expand the Likes and Dislikes, they should also add a Gameplay option that disables the pop-ups.