Forum Discussion

ArilyBoo
Rising Rookie
2 months ago

Sims 4 Brindleton Bay

Hello,

I just recently purchased a bunch of packs and stuff and decided to play in Brindleton Bay. It's Summer currently and day 5 of 7 and it's been thunder storming EVERY day! Is this normal for this neighborhood? It's kind of annoying because all my Sims can do daily besides work is sit inside their tiny house :( 

I'm trying to do some simple legacy so they don't have much money right now, but this just stinks because the whole Summer has been wasted.

• I think newly installed worlds always get lots of rain but after a while they sort of go back to what their normal pattern should be. I am now experiencing this phenomenon of always rainy in the summer in Ciudad Enamorada. I played a lot in Brindleton Bay and there are mostly dry and sunny days in the summer. The only world that has a definite rainy season is Sulani. I don't mind the rain but those black umbrellas everywhere are ugly and wish sometimes they could wear raincoats or rain ponchos instead of umbrellas especially when they need to do stuff out in the rain. 

SEREFRAS
    Seasoned Hotshot

I recommend getting your sim the Weather Machine & change the temperature or better yet, turn off the thunderstorm in the Game Menu. The it will stop.

Le_Slacker
    Seasoned Hotshot

Its not only in Brindleton, i had the same problem in San Sequoia so i turned rain option off after awhile. I was getting annoyed at the umbrellas too !

• I would recommend going into Game Settings and changing the weather to allow Rain instead of Thunderstorms, and Snow instead of Blizzards. Brindleton Bay gets a lot of storms if you allow them.

• Brindleton Bay is a beautiful world but it is very wet . . . which in warmer seasons seems to mean there are lots of thunderstorms. But as others have said, sometimes the game seems to get stuck in a pattern of thunderstorms whichever world you’re in. I had a similar issue in Sulani a while back and had to turn off thunderstorms in the settings because I was fed up with them. After a while I re-enabled them again and it was fine.

MoodyUniicorn
    Seasoned Newcomer

Ive noticed some maps come with speacial seasons!(so its more stormy in cerian maps and like I get extreame heat waves in like the desert themed maps)  I think its normal! :3❤️

0f8r0e7tbrsc
    Seasoned Hotshot

I don't have Cats and Dogs, but did just purchase Horse Ranch and Wedding Stories, and both worlds are experiencing non-stop thunderstorms. I think Crocobaura may be right and the new worlds just get a lot of rain until they get a weather pattern established. This is NOT happening in my other worlds.