Forum Discussion

DeepPurpIe
Seasoned Rookie
5 years ago

Sims have diamonds on them

When my sim changes into their hot weather outfits it looks like they have reflective patches all over their skin. What is this?
  • "Chazzzy;c-17354256" wrote:
    "DeadFishy;d-970709" wrote:
    When my sim changes into their hot weather outfits it looks like they have reflective patches all over their skin. What is this?

Wait, is this what you’re talking about?

https://i.postimg.cc/8CbVcBZr/3-EF7-DE56-D5-B6-4-A63-A986-EDBBFD16130-C.png

Obviously there is a problem with CC in that screenshot.

I thought the reflective "diamonds" was meant to be there in some clothing items. Kind of like a polished surface reflecting light sources as they move around. In a shiny way.

Like this for example:
    https://i.imgur.com/V6M05SA.png
    DeepPurpIe
    Seasoned Rookie
    Ive experienced it in outfits with no CC. For example I'm seeing it on all of the extreme heat outfits that have no CC and then the same outfits in the regular wardrobe don't have it.
  • "DeadFishy;c-17355217" wrote:
    Ive experienced it in outfits with no CC. For example I'm seeing it on all of the extreme heat outfits that have no CC and then the same outfits in the regular wardrobe don't have it.

I had a clothing mod pack that was CC that was causing problems on all my sims whether they were using any of the clothes items or not. I tried to pull out files to get rid of the problem, but ultimately deleted all of it. It could be something like that.
  • "Chazzzy;c-17354256" wrote:
    Wait, is this what you’re talking about?

https://i.postimg.cc/8CbVcBZr/3-EF7-DE56-D5-B6-4-A63-A986-EDBBFD16130-C.png

I saw that in my own game, but only when I had CC turned on. Deleting the items that appeared shiny didn't seem to fix it, but I don't see any issues with CC disabled. I figure it's probably CC related, even if it's affecting other items.

• I've had that too
    but for me it was with career outfits

don't have any cc in my game
    all my sims are vampires though
    DeepPurpIe
    Seasoned Rookie
    Has anyone figured out why this is happening? Seems to only be happing with the matriarch of my sim household. The rest are male sims
  • i had the same thing! it was a cc lipstick! i changed all my sims lipsticks and it was solved!!! so go to the lipstick and try that
    DeepPurpIe
    Seasoned Rookie
    "Saunta2;c-17394452" wrote:
    "Nindigo;c-17393678" wrote:
    Don't use CC - simple solution.

This was happening to persons who don't use CC, including persons on console who CAN'T use CC

Thank you. As I mentioned this was happening on outfits that did not contain CC

"mollymegan82;c-17393643" wrote:
    i had the same thing! it was a cc lipstick! i changed all my sims lipsticks and it was solved!!! so go to the lipstick and try that

I'll have a closer look, thank you :)