Forum Discussion

11 months ago

Since I've been gone...

It's been a hot, hot minute since I've been around... like 2020, to be honest. For the first time since 2000, I stopped buying packs the day of release and I - basically - stopped playing after 20 years of simming.

Now, I'm trying to find my passion for sims again and get back to a game that was a part of my life for so long... and I have ZERO idea what to do now lol

Give me so great things happening in your games now. What are some awesome features since 2020.

I did buy a few packs for the early part of 2020. And, I did buy a few the other day, but - dang - do I feel utterly lost now!

What are some gameplay things you all are enjoying?
  • Hi @ChelleJo and welcome back :) I started playing sims 2 in 2020, more or less to cope with pandemic isolation and have an extra activity to do with my daughter, and then moved on to sims 4 later than year. I guess I started around the time that you stopped.

The packs people love the most since 2020 are probably Cottage Living and Werewolves. I love them both, but Werewolves especially. I use University a lot too-- wasn't that released in early 2020? I incorporated Cottage and Werewolves into my San Myshuno rotational game: one family has chickens that they're raising on an apartment balcony, and another family's teen daughter became a werewolf.

Scenarios are a fun addition. Playing short stories that are a little more scripted is something I enjoy from time to time. It's a different way to play the game. Also the plant-a-sim scenario reintroduced plantsims in a way that I could finally do.

Feel free to click on the banner in my signature for the latest in my current game... we've got plantsims, skiing werewolves, and a university student/spellcaster who does seances with his friends, which he thinks are basically fake until they come in useful elsewhere.

This is an unpopular opinion around here but I really like Eco Lifestyle. The concept of voting for what you want to have happen in your community, even if it's just going to the polls to keep something bad from happening. Eco footprint and NAPs give different neighborhoods different character. And the way recycling and the fabrication skill were implemented in the game. I love fabricating things, and candlemaking is pretty cool too. Dumpster diving. And the civil designer career where you make blueprints and can fabricate your inventions later!

• @ChelleJo the latest expansion pack, Horse Ranch, gives you horses you can ride & train for competitions as well as nectar making. There's also the Growing Together pack which brought the infant lifestage as well as milestones & the mid-life crisis. Those are just a couple of the latest ones that you can check out. And Welcome Back! You've returned just in time for the For Rent pack where you can build actual apartments & be a landlord if you want ?.
  • Hi @ChelleJo and welcome back. ??

You may want to check out the patch notes forum for the latest patches and free game updates.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/latest-patch-notes

ETA: We also have a new category of updates. Sims Delivery Express (SDX).

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/994945/sdx-new-delivery-march-24-tattoos-and-more/p1

Also, the My First Pet stuff pack is free to download now through January 9.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1011829/my-first-pet-stuff-now-free-on-pc-and-mac-offer-ends-january-9/p1