Forum Discussion

jideaum
Seasoned Newcomer
2 months ago

Small Feedback: Add Neighborhood Stories updates to "Gossip" interaction

Ever since the introduction to Neighborhood Stories I found the system of interacting with mailboxes to receive updates on what's happened somewhat clunky and easy to forget about. In my experience, mailboxes just aren't that big of a part of gameplay to justify periodically having to click on them and having a Sim walk over and interact with it to keep up with story progression.

This is actually something that instantly came to mind based on how rumors and gossip worked in Sims 3, and with the new Neighborhood Stories additions on the Lovestruck patch I thought I might share this small suggestion. Having "Gossip" show small updates on Neighborhood Stories would give the interaction some much needed depth, would allow for more engaging socialization in general and would incentivize the player to keep up with what's been going on in the world. If I can be honest it's such a natural addition that it kind of makes my head spin that it wasn't implemented like this to begin with.

Anyway, share your thoughts. If you agree please leave a comment so the team is more likely to see this.

KaseyTwirl
    Seasoned Newcomer

Theres a mod by MissyHissy that does exactly this if you're interested and play on PC.  Its called "Gossip about Neighborhood Stories". Though I agree it would be a great base game feature.

• Yes. The notification wall can fill up so quickly because of various notifications. Sims should be able to learn about neighborhood story updates, NAPs, club invites, and event notifications via additional interactions such as gossip, checking social media, and for off the grid sims, buying and reading a newspaper.

• Completely agree! I do use the mod mentioned in this thread and it's such a nice little feature. Obviously you shouldn't have to use a mod for it, it should be part of the game.