Forum Discussion

pepperjax1230
Rising Novice
8 years ago

Spices At The Spice Market Festival

Can we use them in any dish our sims cook or just certain dishes? Sorry if this was asked before couldn't find anything about it.
  • Hello
    Spices can only be used in certain dishes. There are dishes that came with City Living that they can be used in.
    This is a link about spices
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-city-living-guide/#Spices

If you have the spices in your inventory, it lowers the cost of the meal.
  • I took my Sim to the Spice festival but there was no option to buy any of the spices from the food carts, so where do we buy them at. Everyone says from the swag cart, but which one is it and how do we get the option?
  • @HIstoricgal
    The Swag cart is the one that has the t-shirt and the snow globes on it. When you go to the Spice Festival face your camera towards the basketball court. On the bottom right hand of your screen there will be four kiosks set up. Two right beneath where the basketball court is then there's a wide space and two more at the bottom. The swag cart is usually the left hand side of the row right below the basketball court. It should look like this:
    https://i.imgur.com/oAZzoHsh.png
    Though it might have a different sim then Nina manning it.

To get the option to come up click on the cart and then click "Buy Swag" they'll be listed on the list of stuff you can purchase.

If you've gone to the Spice Festival in the past and didn't stay until it was done and cleared out you might be experiencing the glitch where the festivals stack on top of each other which might be why you can't find the option to buy them. If that's the case unfortunately I don't believe there's a way to fix the issue.
  • There is a way to fix that merged stall objects issue, but it requires you to camp there and practically live in the district until the festival returns again.
  • "HIstoricgal;c-16335570" wrote:
    I took my Sim to the Spice festival but there was no option to buy any of the spices from the food carts, so where do we buy them at. Everyone says from the swag cart, but which one is it and how do we get the option?

@HIstoricgal I bought them from the produce stall at the community lot in the spice district. Wasn't at a festival....just an ordinary visit there. Might have to visit 2-3 times to get the produce stall to show up.
  • Will try that Thank you, When I went to the Festival and checked the tee shirt booth it never came up, she has all the recipes but can't get the spices.

• Don't what the problem is, I can find the cart now, but they give the options to buy everything but the spices.
  • That's strange. Do you have multiple festivals spawning on top of each other? If not then I would try repairing your game to see if that fixes things.