Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Stair railings clipping through walls

Is anyone having trouble with stairs clipping through interior walls?
Sorry if there is already a post about this, I couldn't find it.
  • Definitely need more stair railing options! And part of the problem is the stairs are one full tile wide with both of the railings on it, but when you have it near wall, the wall cuts into that "1-tile" area making it not be an actual full 1-tile, so the railing clips inside
  • yeah i have railings clipping with walls sometimes even the landings

I also wish we could have one sided railings again cause it would just be so useful
  • That's how railings work, which looks weird. It even makes me wanna not place railings at all on the stairs but, you know, safety first lol
  • Yes, but I don't think it's reported as a bug. It's just another part of how the game looks/feels. I hope they can fix it. Actually, I hope they can offer more options for stair railings placement — for example, left side, right side, both sides or neither sides. :\

Will gladly keep you posted in case I come across it in the bugs forum.
    MDianaSims
    Seasoned Hotshot
    As far as I know it's always been like that. I usually play with walls down in live mode, so I only really see it in build mode. But I think changing the camera angle sometimes makes them invisible, but that might just be while actually moving the camera .
    But I absolutely agree on the need for more stair railings option.
  • The railings have always clipped through the walls to my knowledge. It's something I wish they'd fixed a long time ago.
    DaWaterRat
    Seasoned Adventurer
    Yeah, it's annoying, but I try to pretend that they're a safety rail or something like that. Our stairs down to our basement has a railing along one wall.
  • "Leelathesim;d-980134" wrote:
    Is anyone having trouble with stairs clipping through interior walls?
    Sorry if there is already a post about this, I couldn't find it.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Could you post a screenshot or two, maybe?

(Creepy avatar pic btw! I like it, lol)

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,040 PostsLatest Activity: 24 seconds ago