Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Stop interrupting my kids

This is driving me crazy. I have my kids doing something, like homework or playing chess and those idiot adults interrupt them for a chat. I have searched for a long time and the only mods for chat are the idle chat between NPC's and my Sims. Does anyone know of a mod that will stop this constant chat interaction? I've tried with the autonomy off but that's awful, there's no medium low and high on that. I have got MCC installed and that doesn't do it, I also installed the Scumbob one, nothing there.
  • When you want them to do something, they don't do it. When you don't want them to do something, they get forced into a conversation.

This also reminds me of the townies that interject themselves into a date. Never understood why sims b-line for dating couples.

Anyways, I've had parents Help my teens with homework more than stop them from completing their homework. So, maybe I missed something too.
  • "fluttereyes;c-17989100" wrote:

"Echo17121;c-17989047" wrote:
    I am pretty sure this mod heads it off it you see them pop up in a conversation with your sim. You do have to click their picture so it doesn't totally stop it from occurring but I've used it so much to get random sims away from mine.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/remove-sims-from-49508741

Parents, not NPC's or townies, this mod doesn't help.

It actually does, you click on the portrait in the convo thing that pops up at the top and it cancels the interaction. You can (and I have) use it on any sim including the ones in your household. Otherwise maybe have a room where they do their homework/skills and lock the door for everyone else.
  • "fluttereyes;d-994456" wrote:
    This is driving me crazy. I have my kids doing something, like homework or playing chess and those ❤️❤️❤️❤️ adults interrupt them for a chat. I have searched for a long time and the only mods for chat are the idle chat between NPC's and my Sims. Does anyone know of a mod that will stop this constant chat interaction? I've tried with the autonomy off but that's awful, there's no medium low and high on that. I have got MCC installed and that doesn't do it, I also installed the Scumbob one, nothing there.

Have you tried the MCCC Cheat? Click on the offending Sim, and then click on MCCC and select MC Cheat. The top item is Make Sim Leave. Then click OK. Works like a charm.

I have a celebrity Sim so the family keeps their gates locked, but when they throw a party or Event, it's incumbent on them to unlock a gate. There was a mod I tried ages ago that would allow the gate to be unlocked for a certain Sim, but that meant that the player had to keep an eye out for the guests to arrive in order to 'let them in'. It was more of a pain. Now, I just unlock the gate. But sometimes an Obsessed Fan or his Stan will merrily slip through that unlocked gate, so I use the MCCC cheat on them to make them leave. I normally lock the gate behind them. Once the gathering is over, I hit pause and then go unlock the gate so the guests may leave again. It's crazy-insane. I do wish there was a way to simply 'buzz them in' like a REAL security gate. Oh, well.

Hope this helps. :)
  • I am pretty sure this mod heads it off it you see them pop up in a conversation with your sim. You do have to click their picture so it doesn't totally stop it from occurring but I've used it so much to get random sims away from mine.
  • "GalacticGal;c-17988968" wrote:
    "fluttereyes;d-994456" wrote:
    This is driving me crazy. I have my kids doing something, like homework or playing chess and those ❤️❤️❤️❤️ adults interrupt them for a chat. I have searched for a long time and the only mods for chat are the idle chat between NPC's and my Sims. Does anyone know of a mod that will stop this constant chat interaction? I've tried with the autonomy off but that's awful, there's no medium low and high on that. I have got MCC installed and that doesn't do it, I also installed the Scumbob one, nothing there.

Have you tried the MCCC Cheat? Click on the offending Sim, and then click on MCCC and select MC Cheat. The top item is Make Sim Leave. Then click OK. Works like a charm.

I have a celebrity Sim so the family keeps their gates locked, but when they throw a party or Event, it's incumbent on them to unlock a gate. There was a mod I tried ages ago that would allow the gate to be unlocked for a certain Sim, but that meant that the player had to keep an eye out for the guests to arrive in order to 'let them in'. It was more of a pain. Now, I just unlock the gate. But sometimes an Obsessed Fan or his Stan will merrily slip through that unlocked gate, so I use the MCCC cheat on them to make them leave. I normally lock the gate behind them. Once the gathering is over, I hit pause and then go unlock the gate so the guests may leave again. It's crazy-insane. I do wish there was a way to simply 'buzz them in' like a REAL security gate. Oh, well.

Hope this helps. :)

This is the parents, I can't make them leave the children. I do have MCC installed and I've looked everywhere within that mod and it doesn't stop parents interrupting their children.

"Echo17121;c-17989047" wrote:
    I am pretty sure this mod heads it off it you see them pop up in a conversation with your sim. You do have to click their picture so it doesn't totally stop it from occurring but I've used it so much to get random sims away from mine.

Parents, not NPC's or townies, this mod doesn't help.