Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Storage

What is a good way to store your potions and potion ingredients if you don't want them cluttering up your inventory?
    ck213
    Seasoned Scout
    I am using a combination of shelves, desks, and a storage chest.

Don't bother with multiple chests because they will all be considered one chest and share all the content.
  • You can put them in the sales tables also if you have CL or JA. I have one spellcaster that does that. The rest are keeping them on shelves after I have an excellent one to copy.
    DaWaterRat
    Seasoned Adventurer
    The bonus is that if you use the fridge and the flower arranging table from seasons for produce and floral ingredients respectively, then as long as you're on your lot, you'll be considered to have those on hand for making potions. Unfortunately this doesn't apply to chests. I also haven't tested it with fish as at the moment all the fish I have are foul and the game won't let me put foul fish in the refrigerator (I had been keeping the goldfish for bait prior to ROM...) so when you do need to go rummaging around for emeralds or baconite, those are the only things you need to try to find.

I've been toying with adding an aquarium to my spellcaster lab to keep fish in. And you can buy goldfish directly that way. :)
  • "Bronwin2;c-17264438" wrote:
    I don't seem to be able to put potions in chests. Does anyone else have that problem?

Yes- I can only keep potions in the refrigerator. (It's the same with herbal potions from Outdoor Retreat.) I expect that they can also be kept on the sale tables from City Living and Jungle Adventures.

One advantage to keeping your spell ingredients in the chest or anywhere but the refrigerator or personal inventory is that they don't get used for cooking. Fish need to go in tanks, unless you're planning to use them right away, since they will decay in the inventory (quickly) or refrigerator (more slowly).

I don't know why I feel obsessive about saving every potion ingredient I've got. Other than the curse removal potion and the rejuvenation potion, I can't see my Sims using most of them. I think my Sims have a hoarding issue.
  • I did find that I can put potions on shelves. So I now have rows of potions on shelves in my potion room.
  • I don't seem to be able to put potions in chests. Does anyone else have that problem?
  • I have a mod that splits object inventory.
    So I have one bookshelf for Practical tomes, another shelf for mischief, one for untamed and another for Alchemy books.

Even have separate shelves for herbalism and Vampire Lore

Then a chest for Stones, a chest for metals, and a chest for insects and frogs

I wish we could store potions in chests/coffers
    I’m trying to find the right way store the potions and cursed versions
  • "To7m;c-17267126" wrote:
    "MasonGamer;c-17266986" wrote:
    I have a mod that splits object inventory.
    So I have one bookshelf for Practical tomes, another shelf for mischief, one for untamed and another for Alchemy books.

Even have separate shelves for herbalism and Vampire Lore

Then a chest for Stones, a chest for metals, and a chest for insects and frogs

I wish we could store potions in chests/coffers
    I’m trying to find the right way store the potions and cursed versions

Store them in the fridge.

—T

Then I would have to find a place for a fridge. I really don't want to put a fridge in the Castle library nor in the Tower of my Spell caster's Study. The only Fridge in the entire castle is on the opposite side of the Castle, in the Kitchen and I don't do magic and make potions where I make my food.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,040 PostsLatest Activity: 44 minutes ago