Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Storing Oversized Crops

Question regarding crops…
If I harvest them on a Wednesday, will they still be fresh/same quality until the Fair on Saturday if kept in my inventory?
  • "KHS12;d-992172" wrote:
    If I harvest them on a Wednesday, will they still be fresh/same quality until the Fair on Saturday if kept in my inventory?

They last about a week in the fridge if you put them away immediately. I think the quality is stable, but I'm not sure.

The other option is just to pick your best one on the day of the fair, and smaller ones when you are ready to cook or can them.
  • "KHS12;c-17940995" wrote:
    "EmmaVane;c-17940621" wrote:
    "KHS12;d-992172" wrote:

They last about a week in the fridge if you put them away immediately. I think the quality is stable, but I'm not sure.

The other option is just to pick your best one on the day of the fair, and smaller ones when you are ready to cook or can them.

Yes my plan was to simply keep them planted and continue watering/weeding till the day of the Fair!

My plants died after not harvesting them for a while.
  • "crocobaura;c-17941009" wrote:
    "KHS12;c-17940995" wrote:
    "KHS12;d-992172" wrote:

Yes my plan was to simply keep them planted and continue watering/weeding till the day of the Fair!

My plants died after not harvesting them for a while.

Oh good to know!
    amapola76
    New Adventurer
    "KHS12;d-992172" wrote:

Mine have lasted indefinitely in the fridge and 15 days in the inventory.
  • "EmmaVane;c-17940621" wrote:
    "KHS12;d-992172" wrote: