Forum Discussion

GalacticGal
Seasoned Ace
6 years ago

Talent Awards! Club Callico. . .

Where is this place, and do I just send my Sims there? Please, and thank you, in advance.
  • Club calico is the lounge in Brindleton Bay I believe and you get there normally through the map.
  • Found it, right where you suggested it was, Brindleton Bay. Sadly, it was merely a Talent Show Night. I somehow thought it had something to do with awards. Heavy sigh. The sad thing is my active Sim is the only one who performs. What's up with that? And, unlike Karaoke Night, there is no winner. :'(
  • It is in Brindleton Bay! It has a lovely wedding arch down by the docks. I choose it as my wedding area for many of my Sim couples, hehehe.
  • "GalacticGal;c-16838461" wrote:
    Found it, right where you suggested it was, Brindleton Bay. Sadly, it was merely a Talent Show Night. I somehow thought it had something to do with awards. Heavy sigh. The sad thing is my active Sim is the only one who performs. What's up with that? And, unlike Karaoke Night, there is no winner. :'(

Yeah I had the same feeling. I was excited to send my sim since she had leveled up her singing skill and I was excited to have her show off in front of celebrities. I've gone to the talent shows twice and at the second one another sim performed, but at the first it was only my sim. And since there aren't any winners it's pretty disappointing.
    Pegasyms
    New Spectator
    I have taken my sim to several talent showcases, and often one other sim performs as well, but not always. Sims are more active again on community lots and they are gabbing and gawking so much I think they just don't always get around to performing :lol:

The biggest thing about the talent showcase is that there seem to be more sims mulling about, and it may be an opportunity to increase fame faster during these - though not 100% sure about this.

I also learned that at higher celebrity levels - 3 stars and up - famous sims stop getting tips. Which kinda makes sense, but my sim is still pretty poor so I need to find her other ways to get money.
    LadyKyn
    New Traveler
    No awards given at the talent show, but it's pretty fun considering how active it is and so many sims are there. Even sitting at tables, drinking juice/nectar and watching her performance and some that actually play a instrument might whip out a instrument and start playing.

Probably the most entertained I've ever been going to the lounge with a sim.

@Pegasys interesting info! Do you know if you could still get tips busking in San Mynshuno?
  • "mistwolf7;c-16837391" wrote:
    Club calico is the lounge in Brindleton Bay I believe and you get there normally through the map.

Thank you! My first instinct was it had to be in Del Sol. But it's not there. I'll check Brindleton Bay!
    Pegasyms
    New Spectator
    @LadyKyn I don't know - I might give that a try, although my sim is currently a pianist/keyboardist and that busking station in San Myshuno doesn't include a keyboard. :neutral: Although I can have her "place" a keyboard anywhere and "busk for tips".
    LadyKyn
    New Traveler
    "Pegasys;c-16840878" wrote:
    @LadyKyn I don't know - I might give that a try, although my sim is currently a pianist/keyboardist and that busking station in San Myshuno doesn't include a keyboard. :neutral: Although I can have her "place" a keyboard anywhere and "busk for tips".

Perhaps also have her right music so she can get royalties if she's able.
  • "Pegasys;c-16840852" wrote:
    I also learned that at higher celebrity levels - 3 stars and up - famous sims stop getting tips. Which kinda makes sense, but my sim is still pretty poor so I need to find her other ways to get money.

Is this only on the busking station? At orchid a go go my sim was still getting tips for practicing singing and singing songs at the microphone inside, but she did stop getting a payment for when she performed a comedy routine.