Forum Discussion

moppy14w
Seasoned Newcomer
7 years ago

That Was (A Bit) Weird -thread now includes an update.

It’s not too often my Sims game can genuinely surprise me. It happens, but it’s rare.
One such incident occurred while I had my Sim out reviewing the food stands for her role as a critic.
The work from home task was “talk with a vendor at the spice market”
There are no astronauts, scientists, aliens or similar invited into the play of this particular save/neighbourhood/family so far.
In fact, I’m playing things pretty realistically.

Randomly (to me) the vendor. Dustin Dang “Probes” my Sim with this amusing sounding mind connection thing that leaves Eliza feeling confident (don’t know why) about the discovery of aliens.
Dustin is now listed as a “known alien” as part of his bio in the relationship panel.

Weird.
    moppy14w
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Oh, and the lightning left something peculiar in my back yard.
    Not to mention some storm/weather wrecked the washing line.

But honestly, the adults can “study”, “claim” or call/send to the geo council. It looks like a rock or gem, but doesn’t act like the collectables I’m familiar with. Any ideas?
    moppy14w
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Gosh, my game is just full of it today. :o
    I read a long time back about some players who found their Sims looked through/at the camera at them. It has never, never happened to me that I recall, in previous iterations of the game or not (and I’ve Simmed since the original).
    Now Bob Pancakes has done it to me, twice.
    First time I thought was a bit of a fluke, I was zooming in to take screenshots of him reading his (then) toddler to sleep.
    Days later, the same daughter has the monster under the bed problem and woke them up. I swear Bob gave ME a look saying “Can you believe this kid. It’s three in the morning”. :*
  • I think it's amusing that your Sim discovered an alien. That's cool. As for having your Sim break that fourth wall, (as it's called in Theatre), it used to happen a lot in Sims2. I don't recall it happening much in Sims3 and I simply can't recall it happening in Sims4. I used to enjoy that 'connection' if you will. Some used to write about it on the forums about how their Sims would continue to play after they'd shut their game down for the time, using the 'breaking' of said wall as their evidence. It's a hoot and I love it when it happens. I recall in one of my games when I had a lazy Sim child do a task, and he gazed directly at me as he was climbing the stairs as if to say, "really? You want me to do what?"

Now, that it's happened to you in Sims4, I shall be on the lookout in my game, too, hoping for that moment.
    bshag4lv
    Seasoned Scout
    I would love it if sims acknowledged their "Watchers." I loved it Sims 2 and the only time it happened in Sims 3 was when I would pause after a sim finished a painting then take the painting off the easel and put it on the wall. While the game was paused, the sim would turn their heads and watch me hang the picture on the wall. :# THAT creeped me out! :D
  • Sims will experience different emotions when they discover someone is an alien. If an alien uses their power on a Sim, it is kind of a giveaway :|
    moppy14w
    Seasoned Newcomer
    UPDATE:

I never did anything with Dustin, so still no further provocations offered for alien related stuff.
    But Eliza is now heading outside to “investigate weird light”. :p
    Seeing how she is a critic and therefore a sort of journalist; I think I’m going to have to write into the story how she believes she is an abductee, and how she thinks aliens live among Sims -but no one else besides fellow ‘conspiracy nuts’ believes her.

I just hope I get good screenshots.
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    "GalacticGal;c-16635671" wrote:
    I think it's amusing that your Sim discovered an alien. That's cool. As for having your Sim break that fourth wall, (as it's called in Theatre), it used to happen a lot in Sims2. I don't recall it happening much in Sims3 and I simply can't recall it happening in Sims4. I used to enjoy that 'connection' if you will. Some used to write about it on the forums about how their Sims would continue to play after they'd shut their game down for the time, using the 'breaking' of said wall as their evidence. It's a hoot and I love it when it happens. I recall in one of my games when I had a lazy Sim child do a task, and he gazed directly at me as he was climbing the stairs as if to say, "really? You want me to do what?"

Now, that it's happened to you in Sims4, I shall be on the lookout in my game, too, hoping for that moment.

Honestly, I find these issues where sims game has gone forward without player's help creepy (especially when the computer was off). The "Sims in Background" settings is supposed to make the game go on when you minimize the game, but not when the game is exited.