Forum Discussion

5 years ago

The familiar

Now I bought realm of magic (because I must have everything for the game) but I am a bit uncomfortable with the familiar just because of the name. I wish the name could be changed to something less dark. I mean there is such a thing as a familiar spirit in real life so if the name of that little pet like thing could just be changed I would feel more comfortable playing with it.
  • "joRN1414;c-17393444" wrote:
    You don't have to play with familiars, simply make or adopt a pet and make it a companion. Half of the spells in RoM are skill spells. Just like in the base game you don't have to be evil or a mischief-maker/mean sim to play. There is nothing in-game that requires you to be dark.

This is really useful information joRN1414 - thanks very much - I might just investigate this part of the game after all.
  • The Practical magic tree is great. You can do things like clean, repair, garden, make food in an instant, single or group meals. It can make household tasks much quicker and easier.
  • With a name like "realm of magic" you should have thought about that before purchase, for the game pack is dark and full of terrors.
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/a1a5f85b56be7a1ff9f8df5a36ada6b9/tumblr_pgcfdqG0pp1wb2e0fo3_500.gifv
  • I suppose now EA will need to add a "safe space" for the easily offended and those "uncomfortable" with playing their game...
  • With the disclaimer that I do not believe in spirits and am not willing to argue that point, isn't a familiar just a spirit embodied in an animal meant to guard and protect? That wouldn't necessarily be dark. But there really isn't anything dark in the Sims 4 -- the closest you get to evil is goofy and silly (which to some may be the true evil of the Sims 4).
  • "Duende;c-17395933" wrote:
    With a name like "realm of magic" you should have thought about that before purchase, for the game pack is dark and full of terrors.
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/a1a5f85b56be7a1ff9f8df5a36ada6b9/tumblr_pgcfdqG0pp1wb2e0fo3_500.gifv

Lmao really - the title "realm of magic" suggests darkness and terror? Sounded more like excitement and mystery to me. Well as I said before I bought it for the new world. Was curious about the magic option but did not want to play with something called "familiar" when I know about that kind of thing. And I am very happy with the new world - just wish the water behind the lot close to the portal was swimmable. I wish there were swimmable spots in all the worlds where there is a pond or bay or fishing hole.

And @damageincracing I am not offended by anything or uncomfortable with the game - just the name of the bat creature. EA will not change anything for just one person, and most people like it as it is. I will just leave that alone and be happy or explore it at my own risk.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,034 PostsLatest Activity: 4 minutes ago