Forum Discussion

DizzyDee-K
New Spectator
7 years ago

The Money Tree feels a little too cheaty

I'm happy to have the Money Tree back, but I wish it gave out smaller amounts. But I feel the same way about Dragon Fruit, so... Maybe it's just me.
    LadyKyn
    New Traveler
    "dizzydee_k;c-16616811" wrote:

I forgot about stealing it. That would be ok. I don't remember it handing out quite so much money previously.

I ended up deleting it. Did that. Done.

Yeah, in Sims 2 to get the money tree it's like 3,000 aspiration points and the most you can ever get from one is 1,200 a day. Usually you could get like 400 every 8 hours. Though there was the chance you could only get like 1 measley simoleon as well too. The money tree definitely should be nerfed or consequences. Neighbors stealing money from the tree would be amusing.

Kinda like when there was the counterfeit simoleon machine in the Sims 2. Even though it cost 27,500 aspiration points (WHOA) there was still a gamble in using it. Yep you can make money, BUT if you use it for too long or have a low aspiration bar an officer would come and FINE you for it. Not to mention your sim won't be able to use it for awhile or collect the money (kinda like a cool down period) and the machine can even catch fire. :neutral:

There really needs to be more consequences in the Sims 4.
  • Hey, all you need to do to make the money tree not feel cheaty is to place a thermostat and keep it turned on. Those bills will accumulate real quick.
    LadyKyn
    New Traveler
    I just don't use it. Considering there's so many ways to earn money very easily it is a bit cheaty, since I feel like sims need more ways to lose money than earn it. Should tweak it to give out smaller amounts. Dunno if other sims like townies can 'steal' it themselves. Use to get sims that would do that a lot when I had one in Sims 2 take money from my money tree. :<

Dunno if the money tree is dormant in certain months like other plants in which that wouldn't be too bad, but of course you could just have it in a green house or something.
  • "LadyKyn;c-16611719" wrote:
    I just don't use it. Considering there's so many ways to earn money very easily it is a bit cheaty, since I feel like sims need more ways to lose money than earn it. Should tweak it to give out smaller amounts. Dunno if other sims like townies can 'steal' it themselves. Use to get sims that would do that a lot when I had one in Sims 2 take money from my money tree. :<

Dunno if the money tree is dormant in certain months like other plants in which that wouldn't be too bad, but of course you could just have it in a green house or something.

I forgot about stealing it. That would be ok. I don't remember it handing out quite so much money previously.

I ended up deleting it. Did that. Done.

• I have a money fruit but it won't germinate when I attempt to plant it at the Karaoke Legends apartment. Please help!
  • It takes a buttload of aspiration points to unlock, so I don't see it as any different to a high-level, high-paying career. Both take a lot of work to get to that point.