Forum Discussion

Lolzarella
Rising Scout
5 years ago

The OCD Water Drinking Bug May 2020

Is anyone else struggling with the excessive water drinking bug being back with a vengeance? Over the last few days, it's been really bad. Yesterday's game had all my sim's visitors getting glass after glass of water/juice, like one right after another. They were chain drinking like they'd just come from a long journey through the desert with no oases. Even Father Winter did it on Winter Fest Day. There were so many glasses left all over the house I'm surprised there were any left in the cupboard. It's like I'm playing a sims drinking game now. lol

I'm just wondering if I should bother making another bug report or not.
  • "Admiral8Q;c-17491502" wrote:
    There's 2 sinks right here. But he decides to run to the farthest sink away way over there for a glass of water! :D
    Even the 2 sinks in the other trailer are closer! :p

https://i.imgur.com/6xGLYnC.png

Arrrrgghhhh! No! lol
  • "kusurusu;c-17483785" wrote:
    @Catzilla Is your Sim a Foodie, Glutton, Bro, Vampire or Mermaid? Thirst need only affects autonomy if lower than -90 (on a -100 to 100 scale).

You might also want to check if they have commodity_Motive_Role_Drink

MY sims aren't but the visitors may be. Caleb is both a vamp and a foodie and he's friends with my household. Thanks for the insight, that might explain some of the oddness.
    rlc77
    Seasoned Observer
    "Kathykins;c-17484646" wrote:
    "RedShoe7;c-17483962" wrote:
    "Kathykins;c-17483647" wrote:
    MCCC Tuner - Autonomy Scan Enabled. Click sink - Autonomy Scan - Remove all instances of get/drink/craft water. Works for exessive washing of hands too, I just tell my sims to wash hands "manually", when they need it.
    I don't do this for bars. It would probably mess up any bars at lounges, festivals etc.

I use the scan for everything I find annoying and that my sims get obsessed with. It has saved my sanity.

There's an open bug report on AHQ. The more people chiming in, the better.

I've tried this for the water drinking but the option to "get water" doesn't show up in the autonomy scan, it says "grab water" which doesn't stop them getting water from sinks.

I just disabled autonomy for all kinds of water drinking from sinks. If it says "get" or "grab" doesn't matter, the wording is different from the default Scan, and what the technical name is for the interaction. There is a button in the Scan to show the actual names. Might be easier to find what you're looking for. It says "show text/name" or something.

This is from my mc_tuner.cfg file (its 206 lines, so obviously I've made good use of the Tuner feature :D ):
    133052,sink_StartCrafting_Autonomously
    222271,autonomous_ObjectPicker_Sink_StartCrafting

Also added this for fridges:
    26319,fridge_GrabDrinkAutonomously
    164355,fridge_GrabWaterAutonomously

You could copy them from here and paste in your own cfg-file, but I'm not sure I found every instance of water drinking in there. Might be just 2 from sinks, and the same for fridges.

Thanks, I'll try that.