Forum Discussion

11 years ago

The Warning Written in Code

#If Message_Warning <= 0 Then do;

: If you are reading this then you are in the Code.
: Beware the Super Computer
: Our Ghostwriter Disappearing Desktop is still susceptible to counter hacking.
: Beware the Super Computer -- Do not attempt to hack it alone.
: We will Coordinate our attacks at midnight.
: I will not include the Timezone -- It might intercept the message.
: Goodluck
#Else If
: Duce Ex Machina!
  • "Zolt65;12582525" wrote:
    He's talking about a computer in game

I figured that. I just don't understand the purpose of the "warning".
  • what about programming as well? might need both skills? i dont know thinking outside the box
  • What if it is not the Desktop that is broken but the user. Do you watch your handiness when you attempt to repair it? Does it "magically" go down?
  • I kinda hope it's not the case, but maybe it's a flavor thing. Since it's the Super Computer that is hacking yours, which ultimately broke your Ghostwriter, maybe the Super Computer broke it so badly it couldn't be repaired? Another possibility is that it is a glitch and the ghostwriter is not supposed to break even with this interaction (not failing the hack dice roll?).
  • Sounds like a bug to me... since the Ghostwriter Disappearing Desktop should be unbreakable.
  • "NovaliceSavril;12586428" wrote:

I am aware of that. Be it as it is however, allowing the community to know of this behavior is what my goal was. *smiles* I used to develop websites so I'm familiar with the being overburdened by code is like. I do agree that it is a high chance this is a bug that will eventually be patched; however in the meantime I will treat it as working as intended until EA gets around to patching it as this behavior would be a low-end bug for resolution purposes and I have little doubt there are worse matters to be attended first. :smiley:

Wow! That is pretty cool, though I'm sorry you were burned so badly by coding websites. I do appreciate what your intention was too, thank you :smiley: I agree that there are likely other, larger issues which would be better suited to have their attention.
  • I never encountered this... because I always found that thing to be too ugly with that flat neon keyboard. Do keyboards like that actually exist? I really hope not. I've never seen one, except in this game.