Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Things noticed in StrangeVille (sort of a rant)

Here is a list of things I've noticed whilst watching play-throughs of the new game pack:

• Kitchen on the "Old Penelope" lot is unusable, due to the placement of a decorative fruit bowl.
  • Some of the kitchens use island counters instead of normal benches
  • The houses in the "Shady Acre" neighbourhood are very empty in furnishing; one of the houses has a large empty room.
  • The "Carpophagous Corner" lot is a slightly edited version of the "Streamlet Single" starter house in Willow Creek.
  • The lights in the "StrangerVille Information Center" library are different colours, some are yellow-y and some are white
  • The entrance to the "The ****** Lab" is on the opposing side to the front of the lot.
  • World's un-editable terrain paint does not match up with the front entrance of the "StrangerVille Overlook" house
  • Traits of the "Eclectic Arts" household do not match the aspirations they come with. However, this could be apart of their own backstory. The house they live in, which in my opinion bears a striking resemblance to the real-life "Carson House", only has two bedrooms, despite none of the members of the household having romantic relationships with one another.

However, I have noticed all the homes have toilets, which is an improvement over Del Sol Valley.

What else weird/overlooked have you noticed?
  • "gemjas;c-16972092" wrote:
    In my game, every single lot from every single world has been bulldozed and replaced with something else. And I mean literally every single lot, even the hospital, police station, and science lab + both vacation worlds.

I've never liked the original builds and most of the time I just bulldoze lots without even checking them out. I kind of expected to have to do the same with Strangerville and already have lots lined up to replace the original ones with, lol.

How did you manage to edit the hospital and police station ? It won't let me. Only the lab is editable.
    Sigzy_29
    New Spectator
    "elanorbreton;c-16976919" wrote:
    I must admit, I do come across little things that create a bit of annoyance. Like an unpapered wall or something else that hasn't been finished off. And there are shortcuts too with objects.

For instance, the new bathtub/shower in Strangerville - the curtain doesn't close when the sim gets in but you still hear the sound of a shower door closing.

The new laptops... very disappointing that they don't even open and close them. They are not really laptops, IMO, just a different looking computer. I don't understand why people are so excited about having them.

When you add all these things up, it comes across as low quality shoddiness.

Wow I didn't even notice the shower........that's really lazy. Who did a pass on it? Where's the quality control?
  • I just realised why I find the pack so creepy. It's because the infected Sims remind me of that viral thing called Momo (and please don't post a photo of it here, but do google it if you have to). :s
  • "Sigzy05;c-16972068" wrote:
    "DatLlama;d-956083" wrote:
    Here is a list of things I've noticed whilst watching play-throughs of the new game pack:

• Kitchen on the "Old Penelope" lot is unusable, due to the placement of a decorative fruit bowl.
    • Some of the kitchens use island counters instead of normal benches
    • The houses in the "Shady Acre" neighbourhood are very empty in furnishing; one of the houses has a large empty room.
    • The "Carpophagous Corner" lot is a slightly edited version of the "Streamlet Single" starter house in Willow Creek.
    • The lights in the "StrangerVille Information Center" library are different colours, some are yellow-y and some are white
    • The entrance to the "The ****** Lab" is on the opposing side to the front of the lot.
    • World's un-editable terrain paint does not match up with the front entrance of the "StrangerVille Overlook" house
    • Traits of the "Eclectic Arts" household do not match the aspirations they come with. However, this could be apart of their own backstory. The house they live in, which in my opinion bears a striking resemblance to the real-life "Carson House", only has two bedrooms, despite none of the members of the household having romantic relationships with one another.

However, I have noticed all the homes have toilets, which is an improvement over Del Sol Valley.

What else weird/overlooked have you noticed?

Honestly it just feels like they never fully test anything before releasing.

They Never have why start now. They use us and have used us as game testers since Sims 1 days and with every release this happens
  • "belpita;c-16977032" wrote:
    I just realised why I find the pack so creepy. It's because the infected Sims remind me of that viral thing called Momo (and please don't post a photo of it here, but do google it if you have to). :s

Shoot, why did I do it! *runs away*

well the only thing i wished i had in strangerville are a couple more lots in the lower section of town since we technically need the 3 venues for story purposes?
  • > @rinre33 said:
    > My main gripe is that we don't get the new plants or terrain paint used throughout the world. But that's being addressed by one of the gurus. The builds are a bit of a shame but I guess I can play fixer upper when I get the pack :D

@rinre33 Could you please clarify about the gurus addressing our missing plants, or let me know where you saw that? I haven't seen anything else about it and I'd be *thrilled* to have those cacti and Joshua trees. I was super disappointed when I realized they weren't part of the regular build/buy... :( Thanks!
    breezy9592
    Seasoned Newcomer
    there are some things i like and some i don't like about this pack.. i don't like how the buildings are empty or how the infected sims will just walk into your house like they own it..get a drink or watch tv..so now i have to lock the doors when i'm playing in a house in strangerville.. that is the only thing i see that i don't like but i see alot of things i like about it, i love the story line and how you can replay it again later.. i wouldn't say it's my favorite pack.
  • I was annoyed at all of these things, as well. I've since heard that the empty lots might be deliberate as they match up with the story. Other than that, though, this world is really disappointing. Simple mistakes that make kitchens useless are disappointing in a finished game, especially when there's more than one, even if it is easy for me to fix myself. I understand that things get missed, though, and I feel bad criticising. :(