Forum Discussion

3 years ago

THIS needs a Face Lift

There are not nearly enough aspirations at the moment.
Teens cannot fulfill aspirations and need their own teen related aspirations.

• Good Grades
  • Dating, promise rings
  • good relationship with family, maybe a perfectionist, people pleaser
  • Sports enthusiast, get a full ride for sports to tie into university
  • Popularity aspiration, wants to be best dressed
  • gaming enthusiast teen
  • moody goth teen aspiration

Just some ideas. Aspirations just feel really irrelevant to teens at the moment and i feel need a major overhaul.

• I'd definitely like to see teen-specific aspirations, and some more options for kids as well.
  • I would love some teen-only aspirations! Honestly, both teens and children need some love in that department.
  • "Mariefoxprice83;c-18058988" wrote:
    I'd definitely like to see teen-specific aspirations, and some more options for kids as well.

Yes, maybe an overachiever aspiration
  • Yes, kids are so overlooked. Still only four aspirations, each of which is a tutorial for the corresponding skill.
    ExxCee
    New Spectator
    "Aeriexo11;c-18059001" wrote:
    What are some kids aspirations you would like to see?

- collector (bugs, frogs, shells...)
    - adventurer (become a scout, visit certain neighbourhoods/types of lot)
    - book worm (read all the books! Unlocks ability to read to younger sims/toddlers)
    - drama queen (join drama club, be in school play, argue with parents...)
    - chaos maker (make X number of messes without cleaning up, use mischief interactions...)
  • "ExxCee;c-18059124" wrote:
    "Aeriexo11;c-18059001" wrote:
    What are some kids aspirations you would like to see?

- collector (bugs, frogs, shells...)
    - adventurer (become a scout, visit certain neighbourhoods/types of lot)
    - book worm (read all the books! Unlocks ability to read to younger sims/toddlers)
    - drama queen (join drama club, be in school play, argue with parents...)
    - chaos maker (make X number of messes without cleaning up, use mischief interactions...)

That reminds me, someone made a 'class clown' aspiration for kids when the game just came out. It was all about causing mischief and flunking school, the reward trait gave a bonus to mischief skills if I recall correctly. I always wondered why something like that wasn't in the game from the start.

I'd love to see more goals for kids and teens in the game; the moody goth aspiration would be killer, lol :D
  • Aww, teens giving their high school sweethearts promise rings would be so cute. I would love to see a pack one day with more family gameplay. Some ideas:

ASPIRATIONS:
    Wheels: Teen wants to learn how to drive. Can go through various tasks to study driving handbook, practice driving, repair car etc. It can be a short aspiration. (They have to give us cars for this one :wink: )
    Clear Skin: Teen has to go through skin care routines, apply face masks from spa day, read beauty magazines, wash face in sink, apply acne cream, etc.
    Cheer Squad Captain: We need cheerleading/football in the game to get the true American high-school feel.
    Football Quarterback: Teens should have a football team at high school to join.
    High School Sweetheart: Teen gets first girlfriend/boyfriend.
    Volunteer: Teen does various after school volunteer activities.
    Big Sister/Big Brother: Helps out younger siblings with homework, advice, takes them to park etc.
    A+ Student: Teen has to get A+ average, complete all the science projects etc..

MORE ACTIVITIES:
    Yearbook Committee
    Geography Club
    Science Club
    Ski Club
    Homework Study Group

MORE PART TIME JOBS:
    Dog Walker
    Tutor
    Delivery

• It would be great if kids could have access to some of the teen/adult/elder aspirations too - The Curator and Friend of the Animals look particularly suitable for children.