Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Today's Sim's Delivery express?

I got the message today to download and restart for Sim's Delivery express, but I have no idea where to look to find out exactly what it did. Is there a place where it tells you (either in game or here)?
  • "Simmerville;c-18039490" wrote:
    I'm glad to play offline. I will not allow added stuff without even knowing what was added.

I did the same from around the end of 2018 until this past December 2021....I also hadn't updated my game that entire time, like at all. This Sims Delivery express is totally new to me.
  • Sorry for the odd questions I am about to ask but I haven't been keeping up with this particular 'new' way of updating the game. Now, are these considered to be updates and download if you're online and load the game? Do we have the option to ignore these? Is the new content optional and easily turned off? I have ignored every available update Maxis has released since August. Plus, I don't want to update my game unless a new pack I can't live without comes along. And why aren't the devs or gurus releasing any information about what we are getting? I've seen a few threads about this, but I am still very confused. Someone stated we would be able to choose what we want to download. Someone else said the opposite. And the gurus seem to be talking in circles about this. I have wanted to have a choice about ignoring certain updates for about three years, and if it's true the Express method will allow me to have more control over what is installed in my game, I am all for it. But before I do a happy dance over it, I would sure like to know what to expect.
  • "Paigeisin5;c-18039597" wrote:
    Thank you very much, @Peppers and @Stormkeep for clearing things up for me. This is what I was afraid of as soon as I began doing a bit of research. Sigh. I guess I'll be playing offline for a long time. I had hoped the updates and the Sims Delivery were separate entities, but that isn't the case if using Sims Delivery will trigger the updates to download. I've had very little spare time to look at this more closely, so I appreciate your quick responses. You saved me a couple of hours' worth of investigating. :)

It's not Sims delivery that will trigger the normal game patches...you can turn Sims Delivery off entirely if you want. It just won't prevent normal game updates from happening. That's just how EA Origin works.
  • "GalacticGal;c-18040406" wrote:
    Inside your Sims 4 game you will find a file called Content. This is where the new stuff resides. I don't know if it says what it is, but I believe it lists a date.

I assume you mean look inside the folder ":\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\content"? I don't see a file in the game itself that's called that.

Thanks for the info regarding the folder, for sure. Now I know where to go if I want to add more color swatches to anything delivered to the game this way. I was wondering where the files for them were (I make a lot of recolors for my own use).