Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Tricky Toddler Tips!

Toddlers are SUPER hard to deal with. Mine in particular seems to be tired and hungry ALL THE TIME. Any tips on how to save my soul? It doesn't help i also have a mischievous cat that tears up EVERYTHING.
  • "TygerNight;c-17242016" wrote:
    Since I nearly always get twins I've been through a hair-pulling learning curve. For a long time I got overwhelmed by their needs and finally got a sort of system now. Though I didn't know about the potty training thing so I'm glad for that tip.

A typical end of day routine for me is to fill up their queue... Eat, potty, sleep, potty, eat. That way they start the day with 3 full needs. I try to have one adult for each to give a talking to, brighten day, teach, play, and teach before their needs hit red. A potty break in the learning time helps a lot too.

One thing that drives me bugnuts about them is that they won't put anything at all down on the floor (like Wabbit Tablets) and will travel halfway through the house to put them on a table. Unless there's a shelf in the vicinity... Any free space on a shelf is their first choice but those are at the tops of the walls, come on! >.< If I asked them to GET it they'd fail because it's out of their reach but putting it up there (where I won't find it for days) is their first move. Augh. My adults have proven that to me. They couldn't reach the smelly plate that they themselves stashed near the ceiling. I love my shelves but man is that aggravating! ?

Mine like to leave dishes on top of those tall desks. Also on half-walls and fireplace mantles (starts fire). And I had two Wabbit tablets lost somewhere in the house for generations - no idea where the toddler left them. (Why can't they put them back in their inventory?)
  • "DaWaterRat;c-17596987" wrote:

Actually, they can sit on a dining chair, but only if it isn't slotted to a table. In a previous save I had two chairs against the wall (I pretended that the dining room table had an extension leaf that was just never used) that the toddlers would sometimes sit on to eat.

Interesting. I did not know that.