Forum Discussion

Simmerville
Seasoned Ace
5 years ago

Vampires - offspring

I thought that a vamp + a human would have 50/50 chance of having a vamp or human child. But so far, all my vamp+human couples only had vamp children. Is this correct?

In CAS I tested a bit with genetics, and found that if the active parent was vamp, all children made with human partner would be vamp. If active was human, all children made with vamp were vamps. I assume it's not that simple in game, because waiting to find out whether the child is vamp or human should actually be quite essential in story telling.

Were I just unlucky? If all kids will be vamps if just one parent is vamp, I must stop them reproducing, as I don't want to fill up my worlds with vamps. filling the worlds with humans who are related to vamps would be cool, though... like a couple just having twins, one in normal crib and one in vamp crib, so I thought it would be the start of a super interesting story. But when I checked them in CAS they were both vamps... such a disappointment...
  • wow that is a lot of vamps. i dont think ive had so many vamp births with no human births in my game. its been awhile since ive had a vamp and human have babies but the last time i did i had a few vamps and a few humans. it seemed pretty balanced.
  • I have no idea how it is programmed to work, but i have had mixed couples with human and vampire offspring.
  • So, my birth restrictions are now confirmed by my two vampire clans. Short version: Minors and Primes can reproduce only once, and Masters and Grand Masters can reproduce twice. Lowest level are not allowed to reproduce ;)

Almost related question: Can a living female human and a male ghost vampire have kids? If so, is there a chance the child will be vampire?
  • "CelSims;c-17692897" wrote:
    "Simmerville;c-17691572" wrote:
    So, my birth restrictions are now confirmed by my two vampire clans. Short version: Minors and Primes can reproduce only once, and Masters and Grand Masters can reproduce twice. Lowest level are not allowed to reproduce ;)

Almost related question: Can a living female human and a male ghost vampire have kids? If so, is there a chance the child will be vampire?

Without mods, ghosts of any kind cannot have children.

Thanks! Not what I was hoping for, but at least it makes perfect sense, LOL