Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Veteran SimGuru’s working together on a new project?

I read that SimGuru Grant stepped away from Sims in May 2018/ 2019 to work on “other, exciting Maxis things” and is working with a team of veteran Sim Gurus so I hope this is Sims 5. I hope we get input from Will Wright, Rachel Franklin, Ryan Vaughan and all the other former key management about the direction of the Sims 5 so we get all the best elements from each game.

Can anyone shed any light on where or what they’re working on, who might be involved?
  • "rudy8292;c-17626588" wrote:
    "Cinebar;c-17626420" wrote:
    I think Ryan Vaughn left Maxis. I don't think he moved over to moblie or any other project by Maxis. Not sure if he still works for EA at all in any other genre or sub company.

According to his LinkedIN he works at Apple now.

In gaming or in their phone division?
  • "SimmerGeorge;c-17628584" wrote:
    Oh so they pretty much all got better jobs

Yep :)
  • Will Wright will definitely NOT have anything to do with The Sims 5. He has no affiliation with EA. He's been gone since 2009.
  • "SimmerGeorge;c-17651263" wrote:
    Does anyone know if SimGuruGraham is also working on "new projects".
    He was the one who designed the AI for the Sims 4 and honestly I don't want his doing the one for the Sims 5 too or we"ll be getting more sims who drink water all the time.

He is still on the Sims 4.
  • "elelunicy;c-17651580" wrote:
    "@SimmerGeorge;c-17651263" wrote:
    He was the one who designed the AI for the Sims 4 and honestly I don't want his doing the one for the Sims 5 too or we"ll be getting more sims who drink water all the time.

SimGuruGraham is a producer, not a designer or gameplay engineer. Where do you get the idea that he "designed" the AI for the Sims 4?

@elelunicy Sorry if I'm mistaken. It says so in this article. https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/197734/How_a_rogue_engineer_brought_samesex_coupling_to_The_Sims.php
  • "elelunicy;c-17652023" wrote:
    "SimmerGeorge;c-17652010" wrote:
    "elelunicy;c-17651580" wrote:
    "SimmerGeorge;c-17651263" wrote:

SimGuruGraham is a producer, not a designer or gameplay engineer. Where do you get the idea that he "designed" the AI for the Sims 4?

Sorry if I'm mistaken. It says so in this article. https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/197734/How_a_rogue_engineer_brought_samesex_coupling_to_The_Sims.php

Yeah that’s a different person altogether. SimGuruGraham’s first name Graham and he’s a producer. That article refers to a gameplay engineer whose last name is Graham.

Oh. Well then hopefully he won't be working on the Sims 5.