Forum Discussion

shellbeme
Seasoned Novice
9 years ago

Wants and fears

I have been playing the sims 2 and the wants and fears aspect of that game is fantastic. I think if implemented in the sims 4 it would bring in some more drama and help to liven it up a bit. For our sims to be able to have nervous break downs would fantastic (horrible as it sounds) and maybe the whims can be converted in to wants somehow? Something to make a larger impact on game play, as the way it is right now most simmers don't pay them any attention.
  • the wants and fears are way better than the wishes from sims 3, and sims 4's whims are way worse than Sims 3 wishes. Like... why they even change those things around? wishes/whims/wants mean the exact same thing. I hope they'll update the whims to turn them into wants and fears, cuz I really want my sims to feel afraid of bad stuff happening to them.
    amber_ilumire
    Seasoned Hotshot
    I miss fears so much! If there aren't going to be any new or meaningful whims added to the game, the least they could do is reinstate the fear system to add a little more life and variety to the game! I feel like this game at the moment is really lacking impact in terms of the whim system (the fact that there's now the option to turn them off really says a lot :# ), so this would be perfect.
  • I agree, I loved that system from TS2. Plus a new fear emotion would pave the way for new traits: cowardly and brave!
    Haneul33
    Seasoned Adventurer
    "SimFan298;c-17737099" wrote:
    I'm probably the only person that didn't really like Fears...

I didnt like them much either.
  • I absolutely agree. It's so much fun to see what your sims want to do and fear based on the personality you gave them. It's like an interaction, as if they were actual people with things they strive too. It really elevates the Sims from a dollhouse to an actual game.