Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Weird or intriguing sim encounters.

So, my young adult vampire, Drucilla, was outside playing it n the snow one night about 1 AM and this female child walked up and just started talking away. Drucilla learned the kid had the mean trait. The parenting->put to bed interaction was up, so tried it. She just ignored it and kept blabbing away. I made Drucilla go home and do something inside. But I kept watching the kid. She stuck around a few hours then left. I think her name was alysha grossman? I went to look her up at a wiki, or Carl’s, and can’t find a thing.

Odd.

What’s your oddest encounter?
  • Don Lothario, hands down.

I attempted a 100 baby challenge awhile back. My matriarch hooked up with Don just to get pregnant. No big deal, right? After all, casual hookups are sorta his thing, and he’s also got those Caliente girls to keep him busy. So he’s the perfect guy to WooHoo with for a night and then forget about... right?

I couldn’t have been more wrong. He developed an obsession with my Sim. He showed up practically everywhere she went, and he even kept showing up to her house (this was back when bio-dads would show up unannounced to look after toddlers). He freaking stalked her. Whenever she went out looking for a new hookup partner or went on a date, Don inevitably showed up.

Now, for those who don’t know, the challenge doesn’t allow your Sim to get pregnant more than once from the same Sim, so sticking with Don was out of the question. She had to find more men to father her children.

Unfortunately, poor Don was absolutely heartbroken every time he saw her flirting with another man. She actually did try to cheer him up a few times because he always ended up getting Very Sad.

I’d like to think the poor guy eventually changed his ways after that woman gave him a taste of his own medicine, but I’m not too sure. He is Don Lothario, after all...
  • "Metaphasic;d-946395" wrote:
    So, my young adult vampire, Drucilla, was outside playing it n the snow one night about 1 AM and this female child walked up and just started talking away. Drucilla learned the kid had the mean trait. The parenting->put to bed interaction was up, so tried it. She just ignored it and kept blabbing away. I made Drucilla go home and do something inside. But I kept watching the kid. She stuck around a few hours then left. I think her name was alysha grossman? I went to look her up at a wiki, or Carl’s, and can’t find a thing.

Odd.

What’s your oddest encounter?

She probably wasn't what is a called a Premade Sim, then, if she didn't show up in the Wiki. Haha, but the game did seem to recognize that it was indeed odd that she was out in the snow at 1AM, and needed to be Put To Bed, whenever and however.

It reminds me of a time when I was playing a different household, and was over at a work buddy's house visiting. The household I was visiting was also a Played Household. My Sim is friends with the dad, who is married. They have two children, Melanie and Ryker, and a Teen, Tessa.
    Ryker was gone at the time I arrived to visit. The night drew onward. Pretty soon it was 10:30, past due time to head home. Some of the household had gone to bed of their own accord, of course. But Ryker still hadn't gotten back! I was in a panic about where he was. It was a school night, too. Odd time for a Sleepover. I know the game doesn't really have that, but what the heck?

So I stayed at the home, underfoot. My buddy eventually went to bed, along with everyone else. They didn't seem a bit worried, but I had to see what had become of Ryker. I was playing on the computer, making coffee, anything I could do to keep my Sim awake. Finally, about 2 AM Ryker came dragging in. I was so glad to see him. I rushed up to him and hugged him, which he wasn't all that enthused about, being tired and barely knowing me and all. He promptly tucked himself in, and I went gratefully home. But where the sam hill was he all that time??

"foxx_fennec;c-16670830" wrote:
    Don Lothario, hands down.

I attempted a 100 baby challenge awhile back. My matriarch hooked up with Don just to get pregnant. No big deal, right? After all, casual hookups are sorta his thing, and he’s also got those Caliente girls to keep him busy. So he’s the perfect guy to WooHoo with for a night and then forget about... right?

I couldn’t have been more wrong. He developed an obsession with my Sim. He showed up practically everywhere she went, and he even kept showing up to her house (this was back when bio-dads would show up unannounced to look after toddlers). He freaking stalked her. Whenever she went out looking for a new hookup partner or went on a date, Don inevitably showed up.

Now, for those who don’t know, the challenge doesn’t allow your Sim to get pregnant more than once from the same Sim, so sticking with Don was out of the question. She had to find more men to father her children.

Unfortunately, poor Don was absolutely heartbroken every time he saw her flirting with another man. She actually did try to cheer him up a few times because he always ended up getting Very Sad.

I’d like to think the poor guy eventually changed his ways after that woman gave him a taste of his own medicine, but I’m not too sure. He is Don Lothario, after all...

Haha, that's pretty good. It's a bit ironic that Don has the Noncommittal Trait, but is still capable of getting jealous. I guess I should play him and give him the Player Reward Trait, since it seems he'd have it if anyone would. Question, though. Will giving him that make him also incapable of being jealous, as well as allowing him to do romantic interactions without making other Sims jealous?
  • I had a similar small child experience -- a family I was playing has a little girl and someone she knew from the playground came by. They played for a while, and started in on chess. I eventually pulled my sim girl out to do homework, and she got on with her night - ate and went to bed. The friend sat outside at the chess table all night. In the morning, they even played a little more chess together before my sim left for school. It wasn't until after school had been in session for 2 hours that she finally decided to get up and leave! Her parents must have been worried!
    ck213
    Seasoned Scout
    http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f116/cireking213/The%20Sims%204/A%20Mega%20Reboot/32%20So%20what%20happened%20to%20summer/07-06-18_7-24-38nbspAM.png
    Bob Pancake going cooking crazy in the neighborhood.
  • I've had similar situations in my game. I had a child visit the house I was playing, and he climbed in the hottub and took a nap.
  • Interesting stories! Yeah, I just did a quick cursory search for her. I'm not even sure I had the name right though. I'll check again when I play today. I love it when bizarre and unexpected things happen.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,108 PostsLatest Activity: 10 minutes ago