Forum Discussion

GreatBritney99
New Spectator
2 years ago

What did you do with the Landgraabs?

Been playing the Landgraabs as of late and wondering what others did with them if you played them? Right now they’re really struggling with money. Nancy is in university to get a business degree so she can switch careers. Still employeed as a digithief for now. Sleeping with a wealthy man on the side for bill money. Both Geoffrey and Nancy had mid-life crises. That was intense. Malcolm is the school bully but still managed to snag a date to prom.

Share your Landgraab stories if you’ve got any. I’m always curious to know how others play the pre-mades
  • I played them, but because they are more greedy than social, they did stay rather isolated in my game. Malcolm was involved with several of my video series, such as As Sims Go By, he married the daughter of Baron Bud of Gloom. He already had a Mester title after his late father, but that is not really seen as nobility, and ranked rather low by Aristocracy. Malcolm and Lady Aili had 3 sons, still not reached teen. Landgraab Lab was built in Oasis Springs, and includes Landgraab Institute which is one of the oldest private high schools offering multiple classes all based on science. Nancy and Geoffrey are long gone. I focused some on this family's Sunset Valley backstory, and have painted portraits of Admiral Landgraab as well as Kermit Landgraab :) Also the Sims Medieval characters were included with the family tree.
    Gamer_Cat24
    Seasoned Rookie
    I tend to completely ignore them.
    I see them in my towns all the time, and may have my Sims introduce themselves to them, but that is about it.
  • I gave them makeovers and made Nancy the City Living landlord. It just feels right to have her reminding my sims to pay rent, even if I ignore her the rest of the time.
  • I used the neighbourhood where Johnny Zest lives so I moved Johnny back in with his family and fixed their family ties but other than that I mainly ignore the Landgraaf family (that's the Dutch translation of their name).
    But I think I might kick them out of their house and use that lot to create a science museum, not sure yet.
  • "Monet11;c-18276045" wrote:

"PenguinFoop;c-18275677" wrote:
    "Monet11;c-18275325" wrote:

They were forced to move to the Mirage Park area of Del Sol Valley because they lost their house, and a sizable amount of money, to Jack Villareal. Nancy tried to outsmart Jack, but he was far too clever for her devious plot, and he managed to turn the tables on her.

Johnny Zest moved into the house next door in Del Sol. Every day, he makes sure that Nancy is aware of his mediocre success, and he reminds her that she will never be young again. He gives her address to all the plastic surgeons he meets so they will send flyers and notifications to Nancy through the mail.

Geoffrey ignores everything, and just sleeps most of the time. Malcomb has been sent to boarding school because Nancy didn't want him "taking up space" in the new, and smaller house.

That's better than the gator I wanted to put them in! I love how Johnny is trolling his mom! Wait, Johnny is their son, right? Or is he a brother? I don't remember how he's related.

It's not been confirmed by Sims 4, but he is generally thought to be their son. I kinda like Johnny and hate that he got the short end of the deal. I am rooting for him to become a big star and then he can really sock it to dear ole mom.

I agree, Johnny was my very first sim's very first crush and later husband. It's hard to believe how long ago that was. Lol
  • Most times they become friends with my founder Sims, I usually make them friends with the Landgrabbs, Pancakes and the Goths. I don't play them myself though.
  • "fujicakes1;c-18276520" wrote:
    "PenguinFoop;c-18276453" wrote:
    "fujicakes1;c-18276028" wrote:
    What the....lol. I'm so confused by these rich storylines involving this family. Is this stuff everyone is making up for their saves? Or is this actually happening, things the sims are doing on their own? And how do you know if the sims oppose things or support them? How do people know what their sims are thinking and what minute details are driving their actions? Tbh I have seen stuff like this in other threads about other sims, and I have NO idea how this stuff is happening for people. Also the home birth thing I saw in one thread - I've had my sims have their babies at home but it was nothing like that! They just stand in front of a bassinet with their hands on their stomachs. Help me understand. "Teach me to be more like you." I'm truly, truly curious and baffled.

I forgot another tip that I think is important. When I progress my game, I look at what I think the Sim would do in the situation then I spontaneously make my decision. Thinking about it for only a second though so that it's a mix of them and me in the moment.

For instance, Johnny is the disowned son of Nancy and Geoffrey. So it would make sense to me that Malcolm would have some resentment toward them for robbing him of a brother. Now, he's learning about life without luxury through his relationship with Aaron. This casts doubts about what he's always thought was important and what family means.

Aaron makes Malcolm want to be a better person so some of Malcolm's traits and aspirations had begun to shift.

For Nancy, it's Johnny (who's real name was Geoffrey Reginald Montgomery Landgraab II until he was kicked out) all over again. So when she called Malcolm that, he flew into an outrage, which Nancy couldn't bear so she kicked him out.

Now that Malcolm is learning how to live with the bare necessities, he's constantly doubting his decisions. At one point he even went back to the family mansion and contemplated begging forgiveness. But his mom's words, his dad's inaction, his brother (that he doesn't even know), and the memories he's making with Aaron, turned him around and he went back to the 'hovel' he and Aaron now share, happy and confident that it's the best place.

So just taking a moment to look at what you know (or perceive) about the Sim then adding your own "flavor" to it can make some interesting stories.

In my previous post, I talked about all of the changes that Malcolm is going through as if I were totally shocked about it all and had no idea it would happen. That's because I did have no idea even though I did it, I didn't know I was going to! So it surprised me.

Last tip for now since this post is getting long, take some ideas from our own stories and styles. I don't think any of us would mind really. For instance, maybe in your version of my story, when Malcolm was kicked out, he moved in with Johhny! That could be a very important turning point in his life.

Against sorry for the mega-post but I hope it helps.

I don't mind long replies! Thanks for all the tips! I think this weekend I will just kind of cruise through my gameplay but next Tuesday I will probably get more into it.

Good luck!
  • I mostly ignore them, because the real Malcolm Landgraab is the suave developer from SimCity 3000, not these strange blonde people. Nancy is a favorite sim of mine to date, though.