Forum Discussion

5 years ago

what do you want for improved traits

i would them to have more special interactions based on there traits or for them to already to come with some of the skills becuase of the traits or have them gain friendiships faster becuase there traits are simailar ot even dislike each other if there traits are not simailr
  • I want the Sims team to actually realize what exactly a "trait" is.

"Vegetarian" is not a trait. "Cat", "Dog", and "Animal lover" aren't traits. Liking animals isn't a personality trait.

Also, bring back basically all the traits from TS3 AND give us more than just 3 slots for young adults. Kids only get one! ONE. There should be at least SIX (6) trait slots for adults.

Remember traits like "brave", "absent minded", "coward", "unlucky", "adventurous", "rebel", "daredevil" and "disciplined"? And SO many more. None of this "bro" or "insider".

Sims in TS4 don't have personalities and that's it. They're all the same. They all act the same and the traits don't affect their actions at all.
  • I want more slots for traits per sim, at least 5. I also want them to be more reactive though I do like being able to make more subtle sims. I don't want them all to act the same.

A bookworm should gain more fun from reading than TV. A sim who is outgoing should be different than a loner.

I do use more positive traits but yes, more variation would be appreciated.

I'd actually want more ways for them to react to situations. It's also not the subject but I do want overhauls both for romance and death so that sims seem to feel more. If a sim's father dies off the lot, when I go back to play them, they should be sad and think about their father.
  • "Sharonia;c-17656068" wrote:
    They need to not be over powered by emotions.

i want it not to be so simailar to the sims 3 (the emoitions) but not simailr to the sims 4 like i want it to be equal
    RouenSims
    Seasoned Rookie
    I’m actually pretty happy with the trait system. I just want more traits to choose from, and the ability to assign more traits to a Sim.
  • "Lief;d-981265" wrote:
    i would them to have more special interactions based on there traits or for them to already to come with some of the skills becuase of the traits/b] or have them gain friendiships faster becuase there traits are simailar ot even dislike each other if there traits are not simailr

The stuff in bold I want, the stuff not in bold I defiitely do NOT want.

I don't want to see it affect relationships in any way, unless it's that outgoing social sims gain relationships faster and flirty romantic sims gain romance faster, but that's it and that would be with anyone, not just similar traited sims.

but more optional interactions yes, and coming with skills yes.

• @Cynna You should really copy/paste your entire post over on the feedback section. EA_LeeLoo stated that she did post feedback from that thread back to the sims team.

I know it's probably too late for anything like that to be implemented into TS4 at this late stage, but maybe it would give them inspiration and a good base to work off of for TS5.
  • "Chicklet453681;c-17666793" wrote:
    @Cynna You should really copy/paste your entire post over on the feedback section. EA_LeeLoo stated that she did post feedback from that thread back to the sims team.

I know it's probably too late for anything like that to be implemented into TS4 at this late stage, but maybe it would give them inspiration and a good base to work off of for TS5.

Thank you for the suggestion. Yet, I have posted in that thread and many others of the years. If they don't understand what I and others are saying they never will.

If what we're asking for is impossible with the current engine, the developers should simply say so and call it a day.