Forum Discussion

kathmhughes
New Spectator
12 months ago

What features do you want in an Outdoor Retreat Refresh?

Let's try to just focus on this GP for this thread, and brainstorm some concrete ideas we'd like to see.

I'd like
- hanging tarps
- hammocks
- wood cutting
- rock skipping on water
- a camp stove
- flashlights
- axe throwing

What are your ideas?
    leucosiax
    Seasoned Hotshot
    Swimmable lake
    Sand area -play with sand
    Deer, real bears, eagles, more wildlife
    Potential attack from bears or they just steal food left out.
    Big Foot  Sasquatch sightings.
    Bird watching activities
    Being able to plant anywhere -even off lots
    Mountain climbing
    Rvs
  • I am absolutely loving these ideas and I hope someone from the Guru team sees them!
    JustMeAlb
    Seasoned Newcomer
    What I'd really love is being able to swim in deeper ponds made in Build Mode, imagine my disappointment when I tried making a swimming hole for my sim and they'd only play in the ankle deep but I couldn't get them to venture in further.
    SheriSim
    Rising Adventurer
    "SerraNolwen;c-18318013" wrote:
    I like your ideas. :) I do think the lake should be made swimmable if at all possible, and I'd love a few extra activities (playground stuff, ziplines and/or rope bridges, cutting wood and more woodcutting projects).

I don't know how feasible it is, but being able to visit (or even live in) that world could be nice, now that we can simply make rental lots, and making the bugs (maybe just the more common ones and at a lower rate?) spawn in other worlds could help the pack feel less isolated.

Two very important things to me that would largely be building on currently existing features would be to make group walks possible in that world (maybe adding some kind of geo-caching element or using a fcompass and various other items) and adding more herbalism recipes, some of which could be tied to other pack features. I'd love to see things like homemade sunscreen, recipes that make it easier to befriend animals, special fertilizer for plants, homemade medicine to cure illnesses from Get to Work and so on. I do like the idea of the anti-aging cream too. I'd like herbalism to be more useful when away from the Outdoor Retreat world.

Love the idea of a zip line!
  • I think the best thing they could do for an Outdoor Retreat refresh is to give us another world. Something with a very similar aesthetic but that includes swimmable water, biking and hiking trails. I understand that they can't update the current world to make the water swimmable but I can't understand why the pack couldn't just come with a second world.
    Adding additional things like hammocks, paddle boats, John boats, corn hole, etc would also be nice.
    Maybe some things that are part of the modern campground experience like pool elements, jumping pillows, fast casual food stands. A fishing update that allows sims to fish together,especially child and adult sims.
    SEREFRAS
    Rising Hotshot
    Granite Falls to become a Residential World
    New Tents
    Camping Activities
    Forest Animals
    Hiking Ability
    Swimming in Granite Falls from Late Spring to Early Summer
    Ice Fishing in the Winter
    Any sims can have the Forest Ranger Career
    New Aspirations/Traits
    New Outfits from Babies to Adults