Forum Discussion

VenusARussell
New Spectator
4 years ago

What is required to clean up all of Evergreen Harbor?

OK my sims have voted For things to help improve the environment but how do I get the town cleaned up? Their lot is now Green and now I would like to know how to clean up the whole town. Is there a way to do it or does it just stay trashed no matter what?
    MDianaSims
    Seasoned Hotshot
    Actually, to just clean up the trash, just one of the Evergreen Harbour specific NAPs will do. Either Green Initiatives or Modern Development.
    If you want the hood to look its best, you'll want to enable both NAPs.
  • "Beardedgeek;c-17812846" wrote:
    "Gordy;c-17812820" wrote:
    "Beardedgeek;c-17812785" wrote:
    "jimbbq;c-17811060" wrote:
    Disappointingly you just need to pass a NAP and wait. As for the footprint just wait for a few days it will turns green. Very poorly executed pack.

Point of curiosity: What exactly would you expect? Apart from the Footprint being a PTA to uphold (it always fluctuates wildly and often slips into Industrial for me no matter what I do) the actual gameplay is really good, IMHO.

I think it would have been better if your sims could pick up the trash, or otherwise play an active role in keeping things clean. Like what they did with Island Living, but on a larger scale.

But the whole idea is the NPA bit, Community Organizing. Which it does very well, actually. What you basically do is allocate taxes to give the street sweepers more equipment and money to hire more personnel. Just like in a real city.

Basically the Island Living and Eco Lifestyle packs simulate two different ends of that. In Island Living you ARE the people getting paid by the local county / city or even the national government to save the environment. Especially if you take part in that career. In Eco Lifestyle you are the politician / community organizer telling the city what to spend it's taxes on.

It's very good that there are this two different approaches. Most of people would be angry if eco lifestyle approach would be the same as Island Living's... "picking trash again!"...
    Karamazov123
    Seasoned Adventurer
    "Beardedgeek;c-17812846" wrote:

But the whole idea is the NPA bit, Community Organizing. Which it does very well, actually. What you basically do is allocate taxes to give the street sweepers more equipment and money to hire more personnel. Just like in a real city.

Basically the Island Living and Eco Lifestyle packs simulate two different ends of that. In Island Living you ARE the people getting paid by the local county / city or even the national government to save the environment. Especially if you take part in that career. In Eco Lifestyle you are the politician / community organizer telling the city what to spend it's taxes on.

Which honestly, I find boring. NAPs could still have a place in improving things, but leaving most of the work off-screen and with limited-to-no input from players is dumb. And it's not like Island Living really went far with the hands-on approach in the first place; you basically just pick up sludge sometimes, and you're gold. Or you can do it accidentally by taking trash out from your kitchen to the outdoor bin.
  • "crocobaura;c-17813121" wrote:
    "VenusABatson;c-17813072" wrote:
    "telmarina;c-17813030" wrote:
    "Gordy;c-17812820" wrote:
    "Beardedgeek;c-17812785" wrote:
    "jimbbq;c-17811060" wrote:
    Disappointingly you just need to pass a NAP and wait. As for the footprint just wait for a few days it will turns green. Very poorly executed pack.

Point of curiosity: What exactly would you expect? Apart from the Footprint being a PTA to uphold (it always fluctuates wildly and often slips into Industrial for me no matter what I do) the actual gameplay is really good, IMHO.

I think it would have been better if your sims could pick up the trash, or otherwise play an active role in keeping things clean. Like what they did with Island Living, but on a larger scale.

It's very good that there are this two different approaches. Most of people would be angry if eco lifestyle approach would be the same as Island Living's... "picking trash again!"...

Yeah, I would have been. It just takes a little longer to figure out how to clean up Evergreen Harbor. I do have an UPDATE. The streets are now clean. I have seen others say that the quarry will eventually get renovated so now I am waiting to see that since there is still trash on that lot.

The quarry is a community space lot. You'll need to vote on it to change it to one of it's three cleaned states.

I have voted on it. There are three different possibilities for the lot? In what way. I had every adult sim in the town vote for quarry so now I am just waiting to see what becomes of it. So, What are the three possibilities?? ?
  • "Gordy;c-17813124" wrote:

Which honestly, I find boring. NAPs could still have a place in improving things, but leaving most of the work off-screen and with limited-to-no input from players is dumb. And it's not like Island Living really went far with the hands-on approach in the first place; you basically just pick up sludge sometimes, and you're gold. Or you can do it accidentally by taking trash out from your kitchen to the outdoor bin.

Well, agree to disagree. I will never understand why anyone, ever, would vote for a knitting or laundry pack, so we are all different.