Forum Discussion

SheriSim
New Vanguard
6 years ago

What is simstagram? And how do you use it?

I heard that simstagram came with the cats and dogs expansion. And when my sim got on the computer she saw that her cat has an simstagram. I don’t use Instagram in real life. So I am totally lost. How do my sims get accounts? Can they make money with it? How does it work?
  • Not sure what benefits you get but if you click on your pet you can take a picture for simstagram which opens an account.
  • Simstagram is a Pet only feature that allows Pets to become famous on social media, and receive rewards for their celebrity status.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD9adk5l4xQ

• You just have to keep using the Simstagram pet option, you will get a message that a pet as gotten a set amount of followers, the more followers the more famous the pet
  • I believe Simstagram for sims as well as pets is coming in Get Famous. Alternatively I think it is available in some form through a mod.
  • I want to make my pets famous
    Lol that’s funny!

In real life, I post tons of pictures of my cats on my own Instagram that I thought of creating their own account lol
  • Thank you both. Do you have to do anything for them to become famous?
  • Sims in my game simstagram for their careers, especially for social media or acting. It helps sims in the acting career keep their star status without constantly having to make a public appearance. Social media career after while allows sims to simstagram “shout outs” from whatever venue they are at, which I think is pretty cool.