Forum Discussion

Kimmer_one
Rising Traveler
5 years ago

What is your game style?

What is your game style on Sims 4? Is it serious "business" for you? Is it fun and light-hearted for you? Or maybe something in between?
  • I just take the game in a very relaxing way, I’m not very strict at all about how my game goes
  • I chose "My game is very serious and I get upset and I like to complain if everything isn't going the way I want", but this isn't 100% true. I do like having my way, and I do get upset when anything goes awry, but if I know the failure is my own fault rather than a result of some glitch or annoying game feature, I usually accept it and move on.

My playing philosophy is, I want what's best for my Sims, and I want them to work for it, but I will intervene if necessary.

Oh, and I don't kill or torture Sims. I believe that since we're given this power over their lives, even if they are merely pixels controlled by code, we shouldn't abuse this power by killing them or intentionally making their lives miserable. It makes me cringe when I watch Simmers take pleasure in trapping their Sims in burning houses or watching their Sims get killed with a mod that adds gratuitous violence into the game.
    Isharell
    New Spectator
    I embrace all of the "fun" options, but I have to admit there are times I will be a bit drill sergeant-ish. I mean, if I want that teen to go to college then he will by golly do his homework, every day!

Real life is serious enough, I don't want to play it, too. I play with aging off and if a sim annoys me enough I will send them to the pool (without a ladder mwah ha ha). I don't like the evil and mean traits, and those premades are the most likely to go. I've only started playing again after many years, so I'm not sure how I feel about random deaths these days - although I do know that I won't let any of my faves die.

I love the occults, wish the Vamps were a bit more aggressive. I like it when the game shows me something silly or crazy or cool.

Bring on the flying pigs!
  • I might re do some premade's appearance and modify relationships/households, but aside from micromanaging relationships, i just let things happen and laugh at the unexpected.
    NateWhiplash
    Seasoned Vanguard
    "Destinycrow;c-17608841" wrote:
    Wacky, always wacky and off the wall. Always.

I think every save so far I have done something to Mortimer Goth, from turning him into a mermaid to abducting him... 6 times by aliens, I think?

Either way, it's always wacky in my saves.

Now that's what I'm talking about, I can totally relate
  • Well, it depends on my current mood, free time, and creativity when it comes to the story I want to focus on, but generally I don't tend to take the gameplay too seriously. Back in the Sims 3 days, I always played with Autonomy Off because I needed to be a control freak who didn't want to leave anything to chance, oh, the memories, hahaha! I also never used mods in The Sims 3.

Now, while playing The Sims 4, I just don't bother too much. I even installed the Extreme Violence Mod, to make sure Vlad stays away, hehehe... I play with Autonomy On most of the time and often get suprised, even after all this time, by some of the things Sims choose to do. I use plenty of mods to enhance the interactions between my Sims, which makes the game far deeper.

I really like challenges as well. I'm currently in the middle of a combination challenge: 100 Babies Challenge plus Living Off The Grid.
    bshag4lv
    Seasoned Adventurer
    I am having a blast with my game and yes, sometimes I do not mind the eyeball ring, lol. But the last part of that statement is not true for me, I hate, hate townies who wear their combinations just to make my eyes bleed. :s
  • My game is fun and I like seeing what happens next, but I can be serious too. I always marvel at the confidence of the wackiest dressed Townies and wish that I had as much. As much as the outfits make me smile, I do give Townies that join my families makeovers. :D