Forum Discussion

marjia
Seasoned Newcomer
8 years ago

What's the point of pre-order???

Okay i pre-ordered the pets expansion, so what's the point of pre-ordering, I see no benefit to giving them money months in advance.
  • "tinahjalmar;c-16091093" wrote:
    "poeticnebula;c-16091078" wrote:
    "Evenstar606;c-16091064" wrote:
    This was my first time pre ordering a game for Sims 4. What time will it be available to download? Midnight on November 10th?

It depends on your location. I can tell if I go to Origin.com (not opening Origin for some reason) and going into the pack. It will tell you the time it releases for you. *For me in the Eastern US it is midnight on the 10th*

I'm in Central Time. So would that be Midnight on November 10th for me?

Well, I believe that will put you at 11pm on the 9th. Don't hold me to that, make sure via the site.
  • "poeticnebula;c-16091101" wrote:
    "tinahjalmar;c-16091093" wrote:
    This was my first time pre ordering a game for Sims 4. What time will it be available to download? Midnight on November 10th?

It depends on your location. I can tell if I go to Origin.com (not opening Origin for some reason) and going into the pack. It will tell you the time it releases for you. *For me in the Eastern US it is midnight on the 10th*

Well, I believe that will put you at 11pm on the 9th. Don't hold me to that, make sure via the site.

Mine says November 9 as well. It doesn’t list a time, but probably around 11pm.
  • "Evenstar606;c-16091124" wrote:
    "poeticnebula;c-16091101" wrote:
    "tinahjalmar;c-16091093" wrote:

Mine says November 9 as well. It doesn’t list a time, but probably around 11pm.

If you are Mountain time then you should be an hour ahead of Central so you should be able to download/purchase the game at 10pm.
    SimplyJen
    Rising Spectator
    When you click on the store page for The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs, you should see... *All though this may only show if you've pre-ordered.

Release date:
    November 9, 2017 9:00 PM PST

@tinahjalmar I'm in CT as well. Central Time is 2 hours ahead of Pacific Time. It will be released for us November 9, 2017 11:00 PM
  • "Simasaurus09;c-16091178" wrote:
    When you click on the store page for The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs, you should see... *All though this may only show if you've pre-ordered.

Release date:
    November 9, 2017 9:00 PM PST

@tinahjalmar I'm in CT as well. Central Time is 2 hours ahead of Pacific Time. It will be released for us November 9, 2017 11:00 PM

Whoa! Awesome! Thanks!!!
  • Urging people to preorder is what marketing calls a "call to action". Doing this made sense when extra content came with the preorder only.
    Since bonus items aren't rewarded for paying early, to do so is pointless unless you just want to do it.
    Regarding the statement about Wal-Mart and a physical copy, and I say this with much love for all of The Sims titles .. no one is going to be beating down the doors of Wal-Mart or anyplace else for a physical copy of the expansion for The Sims. Copies will be plentiful as most people buy immediate downloads.
    I will purchase the new expansion eventually. I just caught up with all game packs and stuff packs other than Toddlers and Parenthood. I bundled with the generous bundle package Origin is currently offering, and then bought one additional stuff pack. Done and dusted. :)
    I'll do the same again, when I need an infusion of new content. But without bonus content, there is no urgency to do so.
  • There really isn't an incentive outside of a few extra hours of playtime. It's for us crazy addicts that want be sure the game is done downloading and ready to play the moment we get home from work. LOL XD