Forum Discussion

LlamaOMama
New Spectator
2 years ago

why are my mischief pranks constantly failing?

No wonder why my pranks are failing and backfiring? Why are they? I created a Sim via Sim story and he had level 2 mischief skill. In the usual case my sim would have no mischief and the pranks always work! But my sim has been unlucky and the pranks fail, leading to a "Awkward encounter" embarrassed emotion. He's in a good mood, the conversation is usually casual or pleasant, and the target sim has no Mischief or Logic. Why does this keep happening? Why have my Sims gotten so bad at pranking others? The Sim is Hotheaded, Evil and Ambitious.
  • Nope. I'm vanilla base game, and no, he actually likes mischief.
  • Do you have the Growing Together expansion? There is a possibility that the target sim has a dislike of mischief which will cause them to reject the mischief socials.
  • If you do, you might see a floating mischief symbol with a negative sign below it when you do one. Means they dislike mischief.
  • I'm having this issue too. Every single mischief interaction fails. But it started with my 3rd household on my rotational save and happened as follow: my Sim failed 3 consecutive mischief interactions which triggered the Fear of Failure. Even after solving the fear, all mischief interactions keep failing, and now with every Sim, not only with the one that triggered the fear. :scream:
  • A higher mischief skill than 2 would help, and I think being better friends with the target sim helps.
    Keep in mind mischief/pranks aren't really evil. A prank that succeeds results in the two sims laughing together about it and having fun. A hotheaded evil sim might be more into the Mean interactions perhaps?
  • I thought this. My sim is level 7 in the mischief and every one is just failing and being emrbassing no matter if I increase her skill level.
  • Something has changed recently. I don’t use mean or mischief interactions - it’s not part of my play style. I’ve noticed lately the negative mischief icons popping up when my sims are conversing and they are not something I have directed. Never noticed them much before but they are definitely much more regular.