Forum Discussion

9 months ago

Will unplayed townies autonomously move into rental lots?

If I keep neighborhood stories set to move in and move out, will my townies and other unplayed sims ever auto-move into or out of the new home type; rental lots?

If they will, are there mods known to prevent this? Or if they won't, are there mods that will do it?

I've had my save go through maybe 2-3 weeks of play since getting the For Rent expansion and in that time I saw a huge number of empty residential lots get filled up by random townies yet not one single move in to a rental lot. So I'm wondering if that's just random chance or if it's not set to happen automatically (or maybe one of my mods is blocking it).

I kind of want to play a sim who's neighbors change over time outside my control - but it's not giving me that as of yet.

I went through MCCC to see if they had an option disabling it but didn't see one - so I am assuming MCCC is not doing anything here. That maybe the issue is just my luck, EA's settings, or some other mod. Or maybe MCCC is moving in the townies to the residential lots but is not aware rental lots exist?

• No, they won't autonomously move in - not as part of landlord gameplay, not based on Neighborhood Stories, and not (yet) with MCCC, which has not yet incorporated the pack. However, if you're playing a landlord, they might move out as part of the landlord gameplay.
  • Thanks for letting me know so I won't keep trying to find "the mod that's messing with things". :)

Knowing that now I'll just fill in the spots around me that I desire to have filled by hand.
  • You have to move in Sims yourself. A landlord is spawned but doesn't live there. You can call them over though.