Forum Discussion

5 years ago

World theme's ideas

Hi everyone :)

I've downloaded a blank save file and i'm about to start filling it. Can you give me some ideas of architectural themes for any of the worlds?
Thank you in advance!
  • In my game I've turned Willow Creek into a Japanese inspired world, in the community area there's spas to visit and Asian restaurants and I've turned the big park lot into an outdoor yoga retreat. I also downloaded the Asian Adventure mod to turn the vampires world into another little Japanese inspired world and filled it with more Asian style lots.

I'll try and update with some screenshots in a bit! :)
  • You could do a spooky theme, where all of the houses look dark and forboding, and the nice town park is replaced by old, dead trees and patchy grass. I'd put some cracked pathways in there too
  • @Onverser @Nate_Whiplash1 thank you! Japanese aesthetic is great! And a spooky theme! I'ld never think of that!
    LiELF
    Seasoned Veteran
    I've done Victorian in Newcrest with some Realm of Magic Art Deco mixed in and it's a gorgeous result. I also think that East Asian styles are beautiful there.

In Oasis Springs, I've had old Egyptian, Morrocan, Indian and Middle Eastern and they all worked nicely. I've also done some gritty Steampunk, Apocalyptic, and nomadic Gypsy areas. Oasis Springs is pretty versatile.

Willow Creek works well with an old New Orleans French Quarter/Garden District theme or old Southern US Georgean/ South Carolina plantation styles.

Glimmerbrook has a nice "Cabin in the Woods" potential, like Granite Falls for rustic or Off the Grid living.

San Myshuno is great for commercial properties and community lots.

In Del Sol I put some Southwestern bungalows in the lower area but made the upper an Alien space age colony where they watch over Sim Nation and study them.

In Windenburg I put some castles and old European Manors and some Dutch cottages with windmills and they look awesome. The downtown has some Biergarten open restaurants and cafes and a few Harry Potteresque strange, bent retail shops. On the Island I have a Fairy/magical hidden paradise with a floating Spellcaster palace and some colorful mushroom houses.

On Sulani, I made the northern area the dangerous lands. The volcano lot houses a voodoo shack, the shipwreck lot has a lost Pirate, and the separate little island has a rocky domain where the Sirens live. The area to the west is the Merfolk kingdom with some fantastical sea builds and the east area is for human visitors and island natives. But I might morph it into Tortuga. I need more pirates. I also have a fabulous ship restaurant in the area that I found on the gallery and it's my favorite dining place.

Forgotten Hollow works beautifully with old Colonial houses like the Salem Witch House and dwellings of the Puritans. Even a little Puritan farm would work well there.

In Brindleton Bay, I stuck to the New England theme (because I live there and love it) and have some little fish shack cafes and eateries near the docks. I put a senior home in the northeastern area and my jungle Adventure explorers in huts by the beach. I also have a nice open, airy art corner on the west side with gazebos and stuff to do. I have yet to change the island but I'm pretty sure it's going to be some kind of haunt or large, lost graveyard with a giant Mausoleum.

Anyway, I know a lot of my ideas are a little eccentric, but some of them can work with more normal gameplay as well.

Have fun with your project! ☺️

• "LiELF;c-17636082" wrote:
    I've done Victorian in Newcrest with some Realm of Magic Art Deco mixed in and it's a gorgeous result. I also think that East Asian styles are beautiful there.

In Oasis Springs, I've had old Egyptian, Morrocan, Indian and Middle Eastern and they all worked nicely. I've also done some gritty Steampunk, Apocalyptic, and nomadic Gypsy areas. Oasis Springs is pretty versatile.

Willow Creek works well with an old New Orleans French Quarter/Garden District theme or old Southern US Georgean/ South Carolina plantation styles.

Glimmerbrook has a nice "Cabin in the Woods" potential, like Granite Falls for rustic or Off the Grid living.

San Myshuno is great for commercial properties and community lots.

In Del Sol I put some Southwestern bungalows in the lower area but made the upper an Alien space age colony where they watch over Sim Nation and study them.

In Windenburg I put some castles and old European Manors and some Dutch cottages with windmills and they look awesome. The downtown has some Biergarten open restaurants and cafes and a few Harry Potteresque strange, bent retail shops. On the Island I have a Fairy/magical hidden paradise with a floating Spellcaster palace and some colorful mushroom houses.

On Sulani, I made the northern area the dangerous lands. The volcano lot houses a voodoo shack, the shipwreck lot has a lost Pirate, and the separate little island has a rocky domain where the Sirens live. The area to the west is the Merfolk kingdom with some fantastical sea builds and the east area is for human visitors and island natives. But I might morph it into Tortuga. I need more pirates. I also have a fabulous ship restaurant in the area that I found on the gallery and it's my favorite dining place.

Forgotten Hollow works beautifully with old Colonial houses like the Salem Witch House and dwellings of the Puritans. Even a little Puritan farm would work well there.

In Brindleton Bay, I stuck to the New England theme (because I live there and love it) and have some little fish shack cafes and eateries near the docks. I put a senior home in the northeastern area and my jungle Adventure explorers in huts by the beach. I also have a nice open, airy art corner on the west side with gazebos and stuff to do. I have yet to change the island but I'm pretty sure it's going to be some kind of haunt or large, lost graveyard with a giant Mausoleum.

Anyway, I know a lot of my ideas are a little eccentric, but some of them can work with more normal gameplay as well.

Have fun with your project! ☺️

Wow! So many great ideas! Thank you!