Forum Discussion

andisims
Newcomer
5 hours ago

Corrupted Mod/CC Folder

Hey there, so I recently accidentally deleted my entire mod folder off of my computer (around 80 gb), but was able to recover it entirely using a data recovery app. But for some reason now it appears as though all of the mods and CC that I recovered cause my game to not start, showing the error message:

Unable to start: Cannot start because game data is missing or damaged. If you have Mods installed please remove them and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via origin. [de4ee14f:29f00e76:00000000:4b0d8552b]

The game was working right up until I accidentally deleted and then recovered the mods, after the recent update and everything. When I take out all of my mods the game works fine, however the game won't start If I put in even just one file from my recovered mod folder. I also tested by putting in new cc that I downloaded, and the game worked fine as well.

Does anyone have any experience with recovering deleted mod files and how/why this may have caused them to become damaged/corrupted, or know of any way I could try to fix this? I have a ton of mods, close to 18000 files, and I would be so sad if they were permanently broken from this!

Thank you so much!!

No RepliesBe the first to reply