Forum Discussion

DeepPurpIe
Seasoned Rookie
2 years ago

Pose Player

Apologies if this is in the wrong section..

This is my first time using Pose Player and in game, when I try to choose the pose, the window comes up repeatedly asking me which pose I would like, even after I've chosen it. I've restarted the game few times trying to figure out if maybe I've installed files too deep but nothing seems to work and my controls look all garbled. That being said I have a few questions for anyone who can help...

• Can you install the poses in a folder deeper than the mods (i.e. Mods>poses) or should it go directly into the mods?
  • Do I need to put both the package file and the script file into the folder? For example with the download there is a package file and a ts4script file
  • Are the pose player and assets updated? I'm not sure if it gets updated with every patch or game release
  • When I eventually do get this working.. do I have to use all of the sims in the pose to make it work? Or if for exampleI have a pose with 5 sims and I only have 3.. could it still work?

Thank you!
    • "DeadFishy;c-18292428" wrote:
      Thank you all for the update on TOOL and BBB.

Going back to pose player, can I place the telelporter knight thing on community lots or in spaces where sims can go on walks if I pull it from their inventory?

I don't think you can access family inventory in build mode on a community lot. Unless you mean the sim's personal inventory? I would say that would be possible but I've never done it. I'm still very new to pose player (as in I've only been using it for around a month). As long as you can place the teleporter, it should allow you to teleport a sim wherever you want them.
    • @DeadFishy It may be that when they added infants to the game it changed toddlers heights so that now they're a bit shorter and they get lost in the bed itself after you summon them to the teleporter. The bed itself may be the issue. I never noticed it until I started using poses, but not all objects of the same kind are the same height off the ground. And that's not just a cc thing. For example, not all beds made by Maxis have the mattress top the same height off the floor. When I posed them on one bed the sim(s) may be floating above it or be sunk down into it. CC beds, sofas, and chairs can be all over the place in terms of surface heights above floor level.

In this case the bed might be just tall enough that it's above the toddlers head so you can't click on them. If you remember where you got the pose from you can go back and see if they mentioned a specific bed or provided a link to a particular bed.

I hope this helps and that you can find a solution. That looks like a really sweet family pose.
    • This is a helpful thread. Is Pose Player the favorite or are there others I should explore?