Forum Discussion

MoxiAlba
Newcomer
10 hours ago

So many issues

So in the last three days I’ve had so many issues with the game, and I can’t fix them. It started with my legacy family where the one spouse couldn’t talk to the other. Almost all social interactions were gone. He only had the choice to give gift, or tell story to group, and a few others, like mod settings and stuff, nothing productive. He could by the way talk to any other sims, just not his wifeo. Granted they were estranged, but since the wife had all the interactions their relationship grew back. Anyways, since the guy wouldn’t talk I just decided to divorce them, and have her move out. Before going with divorce, I tried everything. 50/50 with the mods, then removing all the mods, fixing the game, making a new sims 4 folder, deleting the cache’s, fixing the ea-app. Everything, and the problem was still there.

After the divorce the lady moved, but suddenly she wasn’t able to introduce herself to the neighbours. Both her and the ex-husband was at the top of the celebrity thing. So she could only write autographs, take pictures and hug fans. Great way to meeting her neighbours… Especially since the only thing she wanted was to ask about ambrosia, but that wasn’t an option. Eventually I just left the save, and decided to do the reaper thing on my lovestruck temp save. But then the entire challenge UI was nowhere to be found. I was now without any mods, and on a repaired game with a new sims 4 folder (I just copied the save games over). Syspecting my savegames somehow are causing issues for the entire game, I repaired again, and made a new sims 4 folder, repaired this one as well and then made a completely new save game. Finally everything was fine… I thought. 

Starting a completely new game, and being totaly poor, and then sort of rushed by a diseased relative into a marriage, my sim ended up getting married to Geofferey Landgrabb, after he shut down the dating app. Nancy had to go, and she moved into my sims cottage, whipe my sim moved in with Geoffrey. 

Basically in splitting and merging households, Nancy became a part of my first household, and my sim became a part of the Landgrabb household. However my sim had some plants in the yard, that she wanted to replant at her new house. So when I went back to the old cottage it was completely empty. Nancy lived without any furniture, om dusty foors. The plants bathroom, everything was gone. It’s not in. Neither households inventory, nobody got the money for it, and also the inheritance never came, so now I’m just so annoyed about everything that I just quit the game, and deem it unplayable. I’ve tried everything, but the recovery saves doesn’t go back to before getting married. They’re jut a few minutes of gameplay apart. So I just came here to vent, and ask if anyone has any solutions to my problems, or has had any similar things happen.

I’ve had families move and merge before, but the furniture never disappears, also if mods causes issues, wouldn’t removing them fix the issues? What happens to a family If I put them in a new save game? I assume the relationships will dissapear? But what about milestones, and inventory and everything they experienced as a family? Will that go away as well? I’m just so sad, and I don’t want to start over… 

No RepliesBe the first to reply

About The Sims 4 Mods & Custom Content

Find expert tips, troubleshooting help, tutorials for mods and custom content, and The Sims 4 patch files in our forum.4,682 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago