Forum Discussion

jaysillydog24890
Rising Novice
2 months ago

The Sims 4 is completely Broken.

last month when i played the sims 4 a made a family as on does but once i loaded in aparently the game was still loading, but i could still be in live mode, just not build at all, so really the only way to play was by choosing a pre-made house, but i didnt think of that and now its too late because i cant even download it back to see if it works, i might have to make another account but i dont want to lose all the packs i have because i dont have my own money

So yeah, the sims is broken and the only ones working are the previous games.

• jaysillydog24890  Are you saying that a different mod causes the problem each time?  If so, is it possible some of your mods are dependent on other mods, so they're effectively inactive until you add in those too?  Please see this post, in particular the part about dependencies:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mods-CC-Issues/INFO-How-to-Use-Mods-and-CC/m-p/13436258#M58777

If that's not the issue, are you using a custom Resource.cfg?  In that case, please delete it and allow the game to install a new one.

Curseforge mods are not necessarily compatible with the current patch level.  You'll get the most recent available version of any given mod, but that doesn't mean the creator has updated or cleared the mod since the most recent update.

• Scarlet's Mod List

Check the above to make sure your mods have been updated for the current patch. If they have not been updated, you'll have to remove them. Custom Content should be fine. 

• jaysillydog24890  Are you saying that a different mod causes the problem each time?  If so, is it possible some of your mods are dependent on other mods, so they're effectively inactive until you add in those too?  Please see this post, in particular the part about dependencies:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mods-CC-Issues/INFO-How-to-Use-Mods-and-CC/m-p/13436258#M58777

If that's not the issue, are you using a custom Resource.cfg?  In that case, please delete it and allow the game to install a new one.

Curseforge mods are not necessarily compatible with the current patch level.  You'll get the most recent available version of any given mod, but that doesn't mean the creator has updated or cleared the mod since the most recent update.

• jaysillydog24890  What is your current issue?  As in, is the game currently installed or not; if it is, what happens when you try to play; do you see any error codes?  Do the issues remain if you remove the entire Mods folder?  Please let me know.  And if you can't reinstall or launch the game at all, list your platform: Windows, macOS, or a console.

jaysillydog24890
      Rising Novice

i use windows, and when i move the mods folder the game works fine so i removed all the mods and reinstalled different ones, i use curseforge to get my mods but everytime i get a certain mod it somehow corupts my game, making it unplayable and i cant figure put which one has the problem