Forum Discussion

tomboy100805
Rising Novice
5 days ago

Update problems / General issues

Since I updated the game, I have not been able to save with save and exit or normal save it worked once but now I just get stuck in the screen, I haven't tried it yet but I have seen a work around using save as, I am currently uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps but this has been happening since the September update with grim rewards. 

I do use mods, and I have been for quite some time, but this has never been an issue. I've checked through my mods folder deleting anything I think might be at fault as well as running scans with mccc and better exceptions, but nothing seems to be fixing this issue I've never had this problem before, and any help will be greatly appreciated.  

• So after reinstalling I put my saves and mods back in and tested out the work around which is using save as instead of save or save and exit and its worked for me more specifically, I can successfully save in build mode with the save as. 

• tomboy100805  Do you still need help?  If so, please let me know whether you can "save" or "save as" in a new save, in live mode and build mode.  Please also let me know what currently works in your main save.  The first question is whether the problem is limited to your main save or more global.

tomboy100805
      Rising Novice

So far its really inconsistent sometimes i can save and sometimes I cant I made a new save after repairing my game and deleted by tray folder and I’ve been able to save using save as in build mode, I have also noticed that child aspirations are completely gone I have  no aspiration mods and have checked multiple times and everything I have is up to date child aspiration are just gone 

tomboy100805
      Rising Novice

After saving my game last night and getting off I now cant load up my save file, once i get to loading into the actual household I just get stuck on the loading screen this is a brand new save file with a new family and still im having these issues this game sucks donkey balls ☹️

• tomboy100805  Does the lot you're trying to load use the Off the Grid trait?  That's a known issue, but you can remove the trait in Build mode.  (Use Load Game rather than Resume.)

Please also test with no mods or custom content, even i you wouldn't play that way going forward.  It's important, for troubleshooting purposes, to distinguish between issues caused or influenced by mods or cc and those that exist without them.

tomboy100805
      Rising Novice

I do not use the off the grid lot trait and Im currently making a base game household to test this with 

tomboy100805
      Rising Novice

so after taking out my mods it loaded up but now its the task of figuring out which of them it is (a picture of my mods folder below) everything I use it mostly script mods with one being a mod that uses xml injector which hasn't been updated in quite some time. 

tomboy100805
      Rising Novice

I forgot to add the picture im now realizing but after taking out xml injector and ss custom food and grocery which is the mod that needs it I have found my game is running smoother and it seems to be working however the only issue now is inconsistency with saving 

About The Sims 4 Mods & Custom Content

Find expert tips, troubleshooting help, tutorials for mods and custom content, and The Sims 4 patch files in our forum.4,695 PostsLatest Activity: 21 hours ago