Forum Discussion

leahbeeface
Seasoned Newcomer
2 months ago

Sims 4 won't open!

I just got a new computer and re-downloaded all my Sims 4 games/packs. When I click "play" (either within the EA app or by clicking on The Sims 4 application) the Sims 4 opens, then immediately closes and redirects me back to the EA app. Please help! I got this new computer to play the Sims and I can't! 

• I have to restart my computer every single time I want to play the game. It's the only way it will open. Very frustrating.

halleli97
    Seasoned Newcomer

It's been like this for me too for two days.. I removed all the mods and nothing.. I deleted the app and it didn't help either..

srryan11
      Seasoned Novice

The only thing that worked for me today was to uninstall EA app, redownload our (much missed) origin, wait for the disappointing pop up to move to EA app instead, redownload EA. I was able to get into sims after a long loading screen. 

halleli97
        Seasoned Newcomer

I have the ea app. I got into the game once today and now I can't get into it again. It takes me back to the EA app

NatiGould
    Seasoned Newcomer

Me too! And I don't even use mods. I uninstalled the game and installed again and it doesn't work :(

jpkarlsen
    New Adventurer

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game in a new save.
    If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

thenacio
      Seasoned Newcomer

Hi, thanks for your replay but I already tried all you have said and nothing works. It's impossible to enter in CAS or to start a new game for me. I check all Mods and CC and they are all updating. I tried to restore and re-downloaded Sims 4 and all packs I have and nothing changes

Please, help me

srryan11
    Seasoned Novice

I'm having this issue after the recent update. I was able to play until updating. I tried reinstalling, repairing, restarting my laptop, moving my entire sims folder to desktop etc. What is going on?!? I've written several reports previously about the game launching slowly, but now it just redirects me back to the EA app after clicking play. It doesn't even attempt to load, just exits.  Any solutions? This is really unacceptable.