Forum Discussion

ThePrevail
Seasoned Newcomer
2 months ago

Sims download not recognizing 'full disk access'

I am trying to download the sims 4 on my mac with an external hard drive. On the EA app, when I try to download the game, it immediately says "something went wrong" and that I need to give EA app full disk access in settings. The frustrating thing is that EA app DOES have full disk access in settings. I do not know what to do so that EA will recognize that it has full disk access. I have tried clearing the cache (manually as well), restarting the app, restarting my computer, etc. Please help!!!!

• Try also giving full access to EABackgroundService, EAHelpLauncher, and the actual Sims 4 game. I was having the same issue and adding just EABackgroundService worked for me. Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/macgaming/comments/1ctipa1/full_disc_access_problem_with_ea_app/

Rosiexo26
      Rising Newcomer

I’m also having the same issue and I’ve done absolutely everything!! The most annoying thing is, the base game has downloaded, it just won’t now download all my packs onto the external drive cos it needs access…and it does!!!!! We need a fix, someone pls help!!