Forum Discussion

FluffyGrimmy
Seasoned Newcomer
2 days ago

Delay between click and interaction wheel appearance

Hey there!

So, like I say in the title, I have a bug that's currently driving me nuts. Whenever I click on a fridge, a computer, or a sims, it takes like between 6 to 10 seconds before the interaction wheel pops up. It's making the game straight impossible to play.

I've tried to delete all the mods, repair the game. Delete the game alltogether and re-install it entirely. I've tried to make a clean  install of my windows, same with the graphic card driver. I emptied caches and whatnot... I'm at complete loss here.

Does someone have an idea on how to resolve this? If it was only with the frigde and the computer I could tolerate this, but with the sims it's just making this unplayable!

Thanks in advance

• The delay seems to be caused by the number of commands and submenus. It's annoying, but I don't think there's any way to make it faster. However, it does not make the game impossible to play. Just pause the game whenever it needs extra time to bring up the interactions. This also helps when you need extra time to search through the submenus for a command or interaction. 

You can pause the game quickly, and without interrupting what you're doing with the mouse, by pressing 0 (number row), 0 (numpad), p, or ~. I prefer the 0 (numpad) because of it's larger size and convenient placement on my fullsize keyboard. I do this quite often during conversations. 

FluffyGrimmy
      Seasoned Newcomer

The problem is I have this delay every single time I click on a sims, even the one I'm currently controlling. I wouldn't complain about it if it was occasional, I already had to pause whenever I wanted to use the fridge for like the past two years...

FluffyGrimmy
    Seasoned Newcomer

The problem remains the same even when the fridge is empty. And I already tried to lower the graphics, no results. I did try to set them to the lowest possible tho, just in case : didn't change a thing...

jpkarlsen
    New Adventurer

For the fridge it has to do with how many items is in it. For the rest try turning down graphics settings to make it render faster. Depending on how much RAM you have you can look into increasing that. Go for a minimum of 8GB preferably 16GB.