Forum Discussion

sar134
Newcomer
13 hours ago

Dimmed Screen Glitch

If anyone can help me with this I will be immensely grateful! 

I hadn’t played in a few months and decided last week to play again. I updated my game and everything seemed normal. But when the loading screen came on, it was incredibly dim, like I had dimmed the brightness down(which it wasn’t). There is also a thin white line going diagonally across my screen. When the main menu pulls up it has that same dimness. When pop ups come up or you hover over things the outline of that stays on the screen making everything unreadable. At first only the loading screen and main menu did that, which I didn’t care because I could still play fine.  But now it’s in the game as well. I had downloaded a kit and the game came up normally and I was able to play. I tried the same approach a day later but it is still doing the same thing. I’ve tried everything I could think of, with nothing working. I’m not very computer savvy. I haven’t tried uninstalling the game yet, but I wanted to avoid that because again I’m not good at computers lol. PS: I have no mods or cc. PPS: I don’t think it’s my computer doing this. I’ve pulled up other programs and this doesn’t happen anywhere else. 

• It looks to me like your Desktop Background Image is bleeding through your game's window. 

If you haven't already: 

1. Make sure your OS is completely updated with the latest updates. 

2. Update your GPU drivers to the latest version. 

Once you've done both of the above, load and try the game to see if it's improved. 

Hope this Helps!  :)